Snarky Brides

Morning......mumble mumble

Up early for a non-working Saturday morning.  H off in the wee hours to plow snow and when he does that I just get antsy or something and can't get back to sleep.  Of course, I'm grateful for the snow since we haven't had much last winter or this winter so far.

Any exciting Super Bowl plans?  We're going to be making our own pizzas.

Re: Morning......mumble mumble

• Looking out at the sunshine, and I'm not fooled for a minute. I know it's close to -40 out there!

I have to get some groceries, do some laundry and maybe find a new purse. Basically errands and my workout. The usual.

I'm so exciting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need to get to the gym too.  But with car problems (which may or may not be a problem) I'm hesitant unless I know H is around to jump me Wink
  • Marrin car trouble sucks. FI and I have a grand plan to cool a nicer than usual dinner and get a good bottle of wine for the Super Bowl. It is going to be crazy her since we are outside of New Orleans. Big partiers that we are.
  • morning.

I'm up earlier than usual for me on a Saturday. I've been restless for a couple hours and finally just gave up, even though  don't have to be up till 9:45. My Kindle auto correct has been frustrating me and has been deleting words as I type them so posting takes twice as long. 

I hope you all have a great day. I'm off to a beer festival today with my friends a little later around noon. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good morning! FI is helping a friend install a laminate floor tonight and tomorrow, so I'm on my own all weekend. Going to do some housework, get caught up on school and hopefully get to the gym and go tanning (I need the vitamin D or I get squirrelly in the winter). This may also be a great chance to watch some of the chick flicks I've eyeing on Netflix. I really want to see Country Strong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    What's wrong with dog Liatris?
    edited February 2013
    No, it's never easy Liatris.  We spent a ton on Bo last spring when he was
    dxed with the fibrosarcoma.  He had surgery as well and lasted about 6
    weeks post.  The vet was hopeful it would buy him 6 months to a year, but
    no.  It's so hard (((hugs))) to you and the little one.

There's our little old man.
  • Stepson and brother are coming.  Stepson is vegan so I'm trying to get some ideas for his homemade pizza.  How about you?
  • Marrin, I'm not sure if they sell it where you are, but there's a pretty good non-dairy cheese substitute here called "Daiya". It actually melts like real cheese. I get it for my mom, who's highly allergic to dairy. The sell it at the nicer grocery stores around here.

• Somehow your post reminded me that I need dessert for tomorrow as well.  I still have Christmas paper plates and napkins; we'll eventually use them up.

Your chili going to be in a crockpot?  I like to make chili and I make a pretty kick ass one.

Snow is starting again so I'll have to shovel since H is not back yet from plowing.  Luckily it's very lightweight snow.
  • Angel - he's going to text me his ingredient list later today.  I'm just thrilled we can compromise on something that he can eat as well.

My text is not showing up to others as centered, is it?

• Yep, I'm getting the red peppers for sure.  Artichoke is interesting; hadn't thought of that.  He also mentioned spinach which can be on other pizzas as well.

I really should be getting stuff done around the house Undecided
  • I'm not feeling very motivated today either, probably has something to do with needing to watch 4+ hours of video lecture between today and tomorrow. My 'breaks' will be house cleaning, woo!

edited February 2013
    Okay, break over.

I know I shared with the people who used to post on SB
    about the cats.  The one pictured in a post above was H's cat since
    kittenhood and I have an adopted rescue who is older and I have had since I got
    divorced (so about 7 years now).  When we moved in here with H, there was
    always a dust up betw Bo (his) and Justy (mine) but they learned to ignore each
    other.

Anyway, Bo died last spring and since he died Justy has been
    manifesting his personality traits.  I googled and found that while it's
    not uncommon for the grieving cat to do this, it's still somewhat unusual. 
    Today for the first time she climbed on the computer tower and slept.  That
    was his fave place in the house.  This behavior is really very interesting
    to me.
  • I love their little personality quirks!

The dynamics between my 3 cats are hilarious. (2 were mine, 1 was FI's) The dominance and routines have also totally shifted since we moved into the new house, which is interesting!

• I bet they're confused Angel.  Like Moe, Larry, and Curly trying to figure it out.  Who's the boss?   Who's the boss?
  • Morning!

At least it still is here, but I guess not for you East-Coasters.

We were planning on having people over, but our TV has stopped working.  I think the bulb might be burnt out, but I have no idea.

Marrin, if you want to make vegan pesto you can just leave out the cheese, and use it as is, or you can throw some peas in there.  Or you could use artichoke pesto as a sauce, then throw on roasted red peppers, spinach, and muchrooms.  
  • Artichoke pesto?  This is readily available?
  • I see it at the store, usually wherever the other pestos are.  I don't know if you have an Albertson's in Chicago, but that's where I usually go and it's in the fancier (vegan, gf, organic) food section.  You can also make it pretty easily, I use this recipe (and sometimes throw in basil, or spinach, or nutritional yeast if I have some):

8 oz Artichoke Hearts (I've used frozen and the marinated ones)
    1/2 cup toasted walnuts (or pine nuts or almonds or cashews, I tend to use whatever I have on hand)
    Juice and zest from one lemon (or about 3 TB lemon juice from a bottle)
    2 cloves of garlic
    1/2 cup olive oil (I add more or less depending on the texture I'm going for)
    and salt and pepper

Just throw it all in a blender or food processor and call it good!

• Whoa y'all have been busy this morning! McFly and I just got back from a 10 mile run and we are about to take our traditional 2 hour coma on the couch.
    Tonight I'm going to a Greek restaurant for a friend's birthday. I have NO plans tomorrow, AND we don't have tv besides streaming I'm going to try and weasel my way over to someone's house tomorrow. My best friend/ old roommate usually doesn't do much and it's been awhile since I've seen the baby so maybe I'll try to squeeze an invitation out of her. We have one of those open door policies, so as long as she's home, I'm sure I can go.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morningmumble-mumble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c05de602-e3cd-4951-b9be-4b96e12631b0Post:8a4fe269-ac2b-4a7e-9c8c-38012c556007">Re: Morning......mumble mumble</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet they're confused Angel.  Like Moe, Larry, and Curly trying to figure it out.  Who's the boss?   Who's the boss?
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

LOL! Its true!

I'm just glad that FI's cat is growing some balls and standing up for himself. He's let my girls walk all over him the last 5 years, its nice to see him becoming more outgoing!

• Thanks dtb (you need a nickname).  I'll look for it in the organic section.
  • Happy Saturday, everyone.

Marrin, Liatris -- it's amazing how quickly animals can make their way into your heart. We lost our two year old lab a couple years ago to a very rare disease, and I still can't think about him without choking up a little. L, sounds like you are keeping your little girl comfy, which I'm sure she appreciates greatly!

We just got back from our first dessert tasting. We are doing a mini dessert bar, so apparently that means we get to taste a lot of different things... This is what she sent home with us. 

Yep, everything was as good as it looks!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lia they let the dog in the store???

Call me a bad mom, but between temps of 40 and 80, I leave my dog in the car with the windows rolled down. I did it this afternoon after our run. Had to run into the grocery store. My dad will come into Dallas to do shopping for his business that is 2 hours out, and he will pick him up, run errands for a few hours and leave him in the car, then take him home. He loves it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards