Hawaii
Options

Help!!

We are considering getting married in Hawaii. So I am trying to figure out what Island and what resort or to go with something like White Orchid Weddings and do a private Estate. I have been on Oahu and that was fine. My Fiance has to been to all the Islands and has no opinion. I know he is a real big help, ahahah:) So I was thinking either the Big Island or Maui. I am finding that the Four Seasons Maui is not flexible with packages at all. The Four Seasons on the Big Island is flexible but more expensive over all. The Ritz on Maui is very flexible as well. But am I shooting high with going with such high end places. Is there better for less? Maybe Oahu might be the best. I am confused. We are having like 40 people. Two of which I am footing the bill to come. So i am looking for a wedding site with rentals near it as well. Alright any help would be wonderful!!!
Shara

Re: Help!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome! There are many private estates you can rent out across the islands. If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at the HI knottie bio list and the HI Vendor bio to start narrowing down your ideas. Do you have a budget set? That's probably the best place to start.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are sooo many different places you could do it at.  Like Kaesha said, budget is a good place to start.  Also, when you picture your wedding, how would you describe it?  Are you looking to go upscale and formal or relaxed and tropical?  Indoor or outdoor?  If you give us a better idea of what you are looking for, we might have more suggestions...

The beginning of planning can definitely be overwhelming!  Taking the time to look through the knottie bios can help you get an idea of what is out there and help you narrow down your search.  Good luck!
  • Options
    sharshar91sharshar91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We talked about it last night. We had a whole vintage wedding planned for Napa, but work issues have made this a big problem. So I want something formal but for a small group of 30ish people. I think have a big reception would be pointless. Maybe justa  nice dinner after the ceremony would work. We have a budget of about $15,000.00. I have been in contact with the Maui Four Season. The cordinator blew me off. She did not understand what I was looking for. The cordinator at the Four Seasons on the Big Island is understanding me pretty well. I want a nice ceremony with coctail hour at the ceremony site and then a nice dinner possibly at one of teh resturantes on the properity like aon a paptio kinda private. I figured having a very private reception would equel needing entertainment too and more rentals and stuff. I would want a really good photographer as well. Also I have a lot of stuff already for the wedding that an artist friend made for me. She made all the bouqets and stuff to decorate the ceramony. Very vintage looking. So this is where I am at. I am also talking to Th company White Orchid Weddings.
    Ok I hope that helps,
    Shara
  • Options
    annakim13annakim13 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.seabreezemaui.com
    We rented this place for the week and it's right on Mama's Fish House beach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards