Wisconsin
Options

Pfister - Imperial Ballroom

Is anyone planning a reception at the Pfister in the Imperial Ballroom?  I need some advice.  Thank you!

Re: Pfister - Imperial Ballroom

• Options
    Dsyn23Dsyn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be having my reception there this June!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Dsyn23 how were the food choices here? I was considering them but haven't had any feedback.
    Thanks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh great!  Have you picked your flowers yet?  I'm experiencing some stress about choosing colors that work with the room (Oct wedding).  I'm out of town and the pictures I'm finding aren't too helpful.

Exciting that your wedding's getting so close!
  • Options
    Dsyn23Dsyn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dlthompson22 :

We had our tasting in January and we thought the food choices were wonderful!  We tasted two chicken entrees and two beef entrees and all were delicious, it was hard to pick just two to offer.  And I found most of the dishes to be a bit more unique than your typical sit down dinner selections, which I liked a lot. 

Plus the chef came in and asked how we liked everything and he was more than willing to change any dish to fit exactly what we were looking for.

If you haven't seen their menu selections I could send you the pdf's that they gave to us, just send me your email address! Otherwise I think they have them online as well.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dsyn23Dsyn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nina0729 :

Our colors for our wedding is a sage green, and then the flowers will be greens, pinks and whites.   We are also going to do white chair covers with sage sashes.  And I plan not to have too large of centerpeices or other decorations because the room itself is just gorgeous!

We actually saw the room set up for a wedding last fall, and they had fall colors like oranges and deep reds and it looked wonderful in the room.  Since the room is filled with the red chairs and such rich colors, I think any fall colors would look amazing in there.  

What colors were you thinking about?  I may have a couple pictures of the ballroom I coudl send to you that might help. (I'd have to send them to you later, I don't have access to them now).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dsyn23: Thanks!  

So great to get a preview of the tasting! 

I think I'm going to cover the chairs too - I'm thinking a palette of the deep red, a strawberry red, and pale yellow.  Though - your description of the wedding last fall has me rethinking orange.  We're not doing a wedding party, so I have lots of flexibility with the colors.

Any pics/ideas you're willing to share would be great.  I'm in DC, so I'm relying on my mom/coordinator a lot.  It would be great to hear about things from another perspective.  THANK YOU!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards