Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Renting a Private Residence

Hi All!

I was curious if anyone is planning to hold their wedding at a private residence on the Cape.  My fiance and I are from Cincinnati and are hoping for a Fall 2014 wedding.  We love the idea of renting a large private home for our event.  Ideally it would be large enough for our immediate family and wedding party to stay in.  Alternatively, if we can't find a place large enough for everyone to stay, we would love to find two or three places that are all within walking distance, and have the event at one of the places.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Megan

Re: Renting a Private Residence

• The Bovey House in Chatham is perfect, lots of rooms for everyone to stay and its right on the water, you can put a tine in the front for reception, ceremony in back on the water, you shoudl contact a caterer like http://www.clambakesetc.net/ who will help you with renting the property & pallning the food / bartending services.  You probably would want to block some hotels for guests and hire a trolley or school bus to bring guests to & from the event, there is not alot of parking.  Another gorgeous place is the Crosby Mansion but they do not allow overnight guests...but lots of nice Cape Cod bed & breakfasts & hotels right in the area in Brester / Harwich / Chatham area.  

• You should check out the Winslow Estate in Orleans, it is STUNNING!   It also depends on how many people you are looking to have at the wedding.....
  • Ditto on the Winslow Estate - we know people who have stayed there and loved it. 
    If you plan on renting a place, though, just keep in mind the following: number of guests, number of restrooms, and any additional add-ons required that can seriously bump a budget up (tents, generators, clean-up help, etc.)
    Anniversary
  • Wow - thanks ladies!  You're right, the Winslow Estate looks beautiful.  I am definitely going to contact the owner.  The other place I've looked is called Ol'cottage.  It is in Falmouth.  I spoke with the owner today and he seems super friendly, and the place looks really neat. 
    Thanks for all the tips regarding the extras!
  • I forgot to mention that we are expecting ~60 guests, all from out of town. 
  • Hi Megan!  I am a wedding planner on the Cape - www.capecodcelebrations.com - and would love to help you in the search for your wedding location in 2014.  We do offer complimentary consultations to discuss your plans and see how we can best assist you in the planning process and the day of!  Let us know if you want to find a time to chat!
  • nantucket_bride you need to get out of here.  no vendors allowed.
    Anniversary
  • We got married at the Dennis Inn this summer.  They have enough rooms upstairs for the bridal party, and there is a B&B within walking distance.  Definitely had a "house" feel, not a typical ballroom wedding.  I definitely recommend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards