California-Inland Empire
Options

This is what I deal with at work...

My boss is a biaaatch and always has been.  I don't know why I'm ever surprised by her anymore.  She has to be better than everyone.  She's actually really trashy and only in the position she's in because she married into the owner's family.  

So she was looking at pictures of a house (inside and outside) and said that it was a really nice houe, who's is it (we work at a construction company)?  I jokingly said it was mine.  i didn't even know what house she was looking at.  Her response?  "I doubt it".  Now this lady doesn't know what sarcasm is.  She just doesn't get it so she was being serious.  I went up to her to see what house she was looking at thinking it must be a mansion-like house if she doubted it could be mine. 

Nope, it was a regular tract home very similar to mine inside and out and looked like it was slightly older than mine (you can tell approximate age by looking at the exterior of tract homes around here).  When I realized that it looked like mine I said so and then she pointed at the picture of the exterior and said "Yea, right" in a very condescending manner meaning there's no way I could own a house as nice as that.  If you knew her and her ways you would know this is exactly how she meant it.

I was wow'd that she could actually say something like that.  I guess I shouldn't be since she says crap like that to me all the time.  And then after that she had the nerve to mention that I've never invited her over!  Uh, wonder why....
CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
my read shelf:
Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: This is what I deal with at work...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh so the explanations on some of it were for other people...not you guys.  I posted on one of the national sites so I know you all know what tract homes out here are like. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow what an asss. I'm sorry you have to work in that situation! My boss is similar to yours. The genius told me when I first got my car 'I hope you can keep it' uhh I don't have a benz or a bmw. I drive a simple Chrysler 300! I mean wtf?! Then I overheard her saying her car payment is 2months behind a few days ago. Now I normally wouldn't wish bad on anybody but that broad has bad karma heading towards her fast!!

Oh and you only have a year left of school right? What do you plan on doing with your degree?
    Lapband wife wanting a baby since 2008. 162lbs lost...30 more to go.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    EW I used to work with the biggest biotch ever too!  I feel your pain!  I just remind myself that sometimes people are so miserable in their own lives that putting others down is the only way to make them feel better =)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, we really must have the same boss.  This one says the same crap to me!  Ronnie, I wish horribleness on this lady!  Ugh.  When she was refinancing her house she was bragging about the rate she got.  She asked me what rate I got but she said it like there was no way I could do better than her or get close.  I told he r my rate was the same as hers.  Of course she had to say "well my hous epayment is less".  Uhhh, well my house is like 300 years newer and 10 times bigger so I think my mortgage payment is quite nice for what we got.  Dumb biooootch! 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like she feels like life is a competition!  So sad... how come people can't just say "Awesome! Congrats!" instead of "ya well I...." grrr... total pet peeve of mine.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I agree with Sara. Obviously people like this are envious but they are always the main ones bragging about what they have or what they are going to get! So annoying!
  • Options
    SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omgsh Im so sorry you girls...You just should look up the website thingsmybosshassaid.

Its very funny & amusing...Im sure you ladies have som stories you can post on there as well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! What a biatch! I dont know how you can just take it I know you dont have to jsutify yourself or prove that you have a beautiful home but it just kills me that this biatch is so mean to you! I would of pointed out it must be nice to come from nothing and marry into a wealthy family like she did!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No way!  I have never heard of that site before.  I'm going to check it out now.

Rhonie, I forgot to answer your ques.  I have 2 plans after school.  1. get a credential & Master's in Special Ed.  There are 2 options for that route.  2. Work at some sort of social service agency and get my year paid experience and go for my Master's in social work (maybe). 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Syl, it is very very hard not to slap her!  I stand up for myself and don't let her push me around but she loves to take cheap shots a lot. Yesterday I had to walk out of the office because I was going to hurt her if I stayed.  She knows she isn't better and I agree with the others.  She's seriously a horrible and miserable person.  I have other stories about similar things she's done.  It's really annoying.  She's a former drug addict and it's obvious.  She's very trashy. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work with developmentally disabled adults now and I love it!! Good choice. That profession needs more people. Good Luck Kasi soon enough you will be away from that troll boss of yours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really Rhonie?  I seriously need to find a job where I can work with people in need.  Other than the county I don't know where to look.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a witch! She obviously hates her life if she needs to bring other people down like that. Good thing you graduate in a year so you can get the heck out of there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    People like her should not be in a management position. Sorry you have to deal with that but hopefully not for too much longer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They thought I was graduating this year and she said do we have to start looking for a replacement?  I told them it's not for another year and she said "Oh so you'll give us 6 months notice right?".  She knows I'm out of here as soon as I can be.  I have to stay until I finish since they work with me on my hours so I can go to school.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards