Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thursday night

Re: Thursday night

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:49c22803-b61a-471f-a427-f82370d9e9e8">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally - this might be TMI but before I found the lovely large fan that I set up in the living room I would sit here in a t shirt and my undies because it was so damn hot. And no one was around to give a shiiiit. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL! </div><div>OK, I have a TMI confession. This morning, I THOUGHT I was home alone. Was in the middle of the great room in short nightgown trying to get a kink out of my leg, kind of hopping around like a weirdo. MiddleDaughter comes into the room. GAH! She's like,'WHAT are you doing?" I'm like,"Just ninja dancing in my nightie." </div><div>
    </div><div>We laughed hysterically. Again, I love that little nerd. I just hope she's not traumatized by the event. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:ac9cea08-7e22-4e8c-872c-60ea0468b2b1">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : He gets my feelings on it, but he feels like he got so much out of the Boy Scouts that it's a worthwhile venture.  So I get his feelings too.  <strong>But mine are more right haha.</strong>
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>Wives are always more right ; )</div>
  • The whole scouting thing is like a lot of things that come up with kids. It can be good, but there's some stuff you need to watch out for. And maybe un-do. Older kids can grasp that some people/organizations may not have the exact same values as we do, but they still can be worthwhile. We talk about things like that a lot with our kids and I think it's valuable because it teaches them to 1) know their beliefs/opinions; 2) respect those of others; and 3) learn to see that much of the world is not a matter of black/white, but lots of gray. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:8215d7c2-96b2-470c-98c3-709bc3e8047a">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : <strong>Wives are always more right ; )</strong>

<div>AMEN!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Are people still here?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:94bce787-1ae0-4005-bf49-46e5ef07f6fc">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : LOL!  OK, I have a TMI confession. This morning, I THOUGHT I was home alone. Was in the middle of the great room in short nightgown trying to get a kink out of my leg, kind of hopping around like a weirdo. MiddleDaughter comes into the room. GAH! She's like,'WHAT are you doing?" I'm like,"Just ninja dancing in my nightie."  We laughed hysterically. Again, I love that little nerd. I just hope she's not traumatized by the event. 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>Something similar happened to me with my mom. Except she was bending down cleaning up the milk she spilled on the carpet. And she wasn't wearing underwear. That was unpleasant. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, there was one time that she walked into my room wearing nothing but her tennis shoes and she had her purse over her shoulder. I had accidently taken her laundry basket into my bedroom. That wouldn't have been such a big deal - but my webcam was on and pointing directly at the door where she was standing. My poor H was so embarassed - as was my mom.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:dc9c18c0-a264-4c0d-824e-7a4270d03b77">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Something similar happened to me with my mom. Except she was bending down cleaning up the milk she spilled on the carpet. And she wasn't wearing underwear. That was unpleasant.  Also, there was one time that she walked into my room wearing nothing but her tennis shoes and she had her purse over her shoulder. I had accidently taken her laundry basket into my bedroom. That wouldn't have been such a big deal - but my webcam was on and pointing directly at the door where she was standing. My poor H was so embarassed - as was my mom.

<div>OMG! Hilarious! </div><div>
    </div><div>Did you need therapy????</div>
  • Oh hey - Angel is here just in time to read about my mom's nudity. Lovely lol. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:bcc07d56-73a9-429b-9e54-5739de17af96">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : OMG! Hilarious!  Did you need therapy????

<div>I....can't talk about it......*sob*</div>
  • Haha Poke, not going to lie, I needed that laugh after the night I've had. That must have been sooo awkward for you H!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:924dc930-8912-4dad-a531-e1e515c96557">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : I....can't talk about it......*sob*
     <div>You are my favorite. </div><div>
    </div><div>So I am taking my younger kids to a redneck concert tomorrow night. I am freakin' mother of the year. </div><div>MiddleDaughter is stoked, YoungSon is skeptical. H and I can't wait!</div>
  • Glad I could help. Sorry you had a schitty night though : ( 

Also I think my phone died. I am going to have to go get my charger. 
  • Wally, what's the concert?
  • Sorry you had a bad night, Angel. 

Concert is Big & Rich. H & I saw them at a sewer convention about five years ago and have loved them since. MiddleDaughter loves them, too. 

Yes, I did say 'sewer convention.'
  • Yeah, I can't really do lots of country music. 
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    MiddleDaughter LOVES country. She begged to go to this when she saw they were nearby. (about 100 miles away) And she gave me that 'please mom' puppy face. Gah. Obviously, it worked. 

Angel, what happened this evening?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:7e37eed8-8812-4eb7-b014-57abca618b49">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night :   <strong>You are my favorite</strong>.  So I am taking my younger kids to a redneck concert tomorrow night. I am freakin' mother of the year.  MiddleDaughter is stoked, YoungSon is skeptical. H and I can't wait!

<div>You should tell that to your kids next time they argue about which one is your favorite. </div><div>
    </div><div>My sister and I have those arguments. Then H steps in and says "Relax, neither of you is the favorite. <em>I'm</em> the favorite." Which is so true. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:2de807a7-ef16-4d9e-a3ba-2bb257a5d948">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : You should tell that to your kids next time they argue about which one is your favorite.  My sister and I have those arguments. Then H steps in and says "Relax, neither of you is the favorite. I'm  the favorite." Which is so true. 

<div>We used to do that to my mom. She was so fun. If I had seven freakin' kids, I'd become a serious alcoholic. </div><div>
    </div><div>Hmmmm, maybe that is why she was so fun?</div>
  • LOL! Seven is a lot. Hell, four is a lot. Both of my parents have 3 siblings, and I thought each of them came from a pretty big family. 
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:03df2305-2d65-4be1-8213-a233b875d5e6">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL! Seven is a lot. Hell, four is a lot. Both of my parents have 3 siblings, and I thought each of them came from a pretty big family. 

<div>It is a lot. But it was fun. I am the youngest BY FAR (oopsy!) so it was like the best of both worlds. I had a ton of sibs, but once I was about 10, it was just me at home. SIbs would come home for visits/holidays and such. </div><div>
    </div><div>I am 41; oldest is 60. He and I never even lived in the same house. All seven still alive and kickin' and we will ALL be together next weekend!!! THAT is rare. </div><div>
    </div><div>Edited for clarity</div>
  • I saw Big & Rich a few years ago at a local concert with a bunch of different artists. It was so much fun. I love country music.

Ehh, well I found out today that my nana doesn't have a lot of time left and I've been upset and moody which led to some arguing with FI, and then he went to see the Dark Knight without me, which I got all upset over, even though I don't want to be in the move theater til 3 am and it wasn't even his fault that his brother surprised him with tickets for his birthday. I'm just in a mood, so every little thing is making me cry. I'll probably feel ridiculous about it in the morning.
  • Oh Angel ... so sorry! 

News like that makes everything suck. 
  • Angel, I'm sorry. That's hard news to hear.
    Wally, my mom was one of seven, but her mom was one of eleven. My grandma once told my mom that all her memories of her mother as a kid were of her pregnant. She was nineteen years older than her youngest brother.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wally - my mom was a menopause baby. Her closest sibling in age is 9 years older. H is kind of similar. His oldest brother is only two years younger than my mom, but his youngest older brother (H is the youngest) is only 18 months older than he is. 

Angel - I am so sorry to hear aobut your bad night <3

• I can't imagine having 11 children... I want 3 and sometimes I think that's too many. 3 little people is a lot to keep track of all the time, lol.
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:722ee130-fab3-40ac-b9ce-ec94fd45bb6a">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel, I'm sorry. That's hard news to hear. Wally, my mom was one of seven, but her mom was one of eleven. My grandma once told my mom that all her memories of her mother as a kid were of her pregnant. She was nineteen years older than her youngest brother.
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, Zizi, 11? That is a lot. Same age diff as my oldest brother. He was already off at college when I was born. I am sure my sibs would say the same thing about Mom always being pregnant. </div><div>
    </div><div>Poke, I was the menopause baby. Next to me is 9 years older. </div><div>
    </div><div>Zizi, you should get that book on Monday the post office lady said. </div><div>
    </div><div>(edited for clarity)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:da589d0a-1503-4e2d-a7b3-2b9649b96b86">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't imagine having 11 children... I want 3 and sometimes I think that's too many. 3 little people is a lot to keep track of all the time, lol.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, at least with 11 kids there is no possible way for them to all be "little" lol</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:1b369e8a-8024-4a9b-be06-0e636bc3b343">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Well, at least with 11 kids there is no possible way for them to all be "little" lol

<div>True! Even my three are a handful sometimes and they aren't little anymore! DD was 11 and 13 when the younger ones were born, and was always (still is!) a great help. She was smitten with them both from the start. </div>
  • Wally, how old was your DD when you married your H?
  • Yeah, 11 kids, and no indoor plumbing or electricity for most of it.
    When they met, he had come from Germany to experience the Wil West. he met her homesteading. He proved out 2 more homesteads in different states after they married, and then moved on to Colorado. Family story has it that at that point she'd had enough, and put her foot down when he wanted to leave CO-they had 6 kids by then.
    I can't fathom it at all.
    Wally-thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards