June 2012 Weddings

New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!!

As I look into your eyes,

I see kindness

Not matter if they resemble blue or green

I know your eyes will never be mean

As I hold your hand in mine,

I rest assure that you will always

support me and pick me back up

when I am in need

As I focus on your sweet smile

I know that our marriage

will always be full of laughter

I love you now, Dean,

and ever after

Re: New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!!

• I think they're nice, but I don't know... vows are more about what YOU are promising HIM, not what you're telling him to promise you, KWIM? You're not actually vowing pr promising anything to him, other than in the very last line.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OK well we will be repeating vows after the officiant then saying our own, but you have a point. I guess I was writing in the context of why I love him and why I am marrying him.

repeat what I have just said after the officiant. Are you writing you own vows?
  • Okay, here is my revision. I tried to focus more on my promises to him.

As we gaze into each other's eyes

Know that these brown eyes

will only notice you

now and in the future

As we hold each other's hand

Trust that my grasp will remain strong

both in times of need

& opposition

As we smile sweetly at one another

Know that I will always have

the most contagious laughter

when you are blue

I love you, Dean

now and ever after

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_new-set-of-vowsfeedback-please-wedding-is-june-23rd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6c3a7eaf-f205-4fce-bec3-5bb1ab7ce012Post:a5e2fe56-6197-49ec-9fdd-ff004cab3a75">Re: New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, here is my revision. I tried to focus more on my promises to him. As we gaze into each other's eyes <strong>Know that these brown eyes will only notice you now and in the future</strong> As we hold each other's hand Trust that my grasp will remain strong both in times of need & opposition As we smile sweetly at one another Know that I will always have the most contagious laughter when you are blue I love you, Dean now and ever after
    Posted by rikkidawn28[/QUOTE]

<div>They're good. If you are promising the bolded part, know that he will hold you to it and that if you ever notice another man, you break your vows.</div>

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I believe the part you highlighted was more of a suggestioin of fidelity then a literal one of never ever checking out  some random hot guy for 5 seconds in the 20 items or less grocery line. I wouldn't actually be breaking a vow, just being human. Breaking a vow would be handing the hot guy my number, and suggesting to meet for a happy hour drink while I know my husband would still be a work.

Besides, he is not the jealous type. I don't seeing him going over board with me checking someone out when he is around. Not that is something I usually do. I might nudge him if I noticed his attention on another woman and proceed to joke iwth him about it. I know he is trustworthy.

We are getting married 7 years to the day of our first date.

Thanks for your info.

• peachykeen26peachykeen26 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_new-set-of-vowsfeedback-please-wedding-is-june-23rd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6c3a7eaf-f205-4fce-bec3-5bb1ab7ce012Post:8478f88c-cea4-48ab-a738-23954454573c">Re: New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe the part you highlighted was more of a suggestioin of fidelity then a literal one of never ever checking out  some random hot guy for 5 seconds in the 20 items or less grocery line. I wouldn't actually be breaking a vow, just being human. Breaking a vow would be handing the hot guy my number, and suggesting to meet for a happy hour drink while I know my husband would still be a work. Besides, he is not the jealous type. I don't seeing him going over board with me checking someone out when he is around. Not that is something I usually do. I might nudge him if I noticed his attention on another woman and proceed to joke iwth him about it. I know he is trustworthy. We are getting married 7 years to the day of our first date. Thanks for your info.

ETA: Removed.

First Look
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_new-set-of-vowsfeedback-please-wedding-is-june-23rd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6c3a7eaf-f205-4fce-bec3-5bb1ab7ce012Post:84e2d047-c907-45dd-9e97-dc6fa99b22df">Re: New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!! : They're good. If you are promising the bolded part, know that he will hold you to it and that if you ever notice another man, you break your vows.
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

<div>I think this is being a little too nit-picky.</div><div>
    </div><div>Just because we vow to be faithful (which is what she's saying), doesn't mean we can't think Channing Tatum looks hot in his new movie.</div>
  • OK, I did say thanks for the info. I wasn't getting defensive.
     I just believe that you saying that he would "hold me to it" (never ever checking out another guy) and that me doing so, for a moment would be "breaking vows"
    is a little exteme.

There is a big difference between looking and doing.

And thanks for saying they were good. I appreciate that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_new-set-of-vowsfeedback-please-wedding-is-june-23rd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6c3a7eaf-f205-4fce-bec3-5bb1ab7ce012Post:86a95eac-3978-4006-8998-900b074cffcf">Re: New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!! : I think this is being a little too nit-picky. Just because we vow to be faithful (which is what she's saying), doesn't mean we can't think Channing Tatum looks hot in his new movie.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

Well, I do tend to over think things. I just think there are better ways to express fidelity.

First Look
  • Thanks Kelsey for agreeing with me. What do you think of the vows? I just noticed that peachy deleted her comment about me being defensive (in her opinion)
  • Such as what peachy? I used that expression because it makes since with what I am writing, both in style and rhyme.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_new-set-of-vowsfeedback-please-wedding-is-june-23rd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6c3a7eaf-f205-4fce-bec3-5bb1ab7ce012Post:2a23cd0a-e487-487b-80f4-988cb0dfd2ab">Re: New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Kelsey for agreeing with me. What do you think of the vows? I just noticed that peachy deleted her comment about me being defensive (in her opinion)

<div>I like them, especially if you're going to also have the traditional vows in there too. You don't want to repeat what you'll have just said/be about to say. There also not too long or mushy gushy, so your guests won't feel awkward.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_new-set-of-vowsfeedback-please-wedding-is-june-23rd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6c3a7eaf-f205-4fce-bec3-5bb1ab7ce012Post:2a23cd0a-e487-487b-80f4-988cb0dfd2ab">Re: New set of vows^^feedback please-wedding is June 23rd!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Kelsey for agreeing with me. What do you think of the vows? I just noticed that peachy deleted her comment about me being defensive (in her opinion)

Yes, because I think it's way to early to get into an argument and I think it's more important that you are happy with your personal vows that my opinions about them. So I apologize for being a biotch.

I think that if you somehow reworded it to more carefully define fidelity in a way that still expressed who you are as a person, it would express it better.... (I can't think of how to phrase that...)
    That's just my opnion.
    If you are happy with your vows, then go for it.
    I don't know you from Eve, so I have no right to tell you what's right and what's not. So, do what makes you happy. I again, apologize for being a biotch.

First Look
  • Thanks so much Kelsey. That makes me feel great to hear that. And yes, we will have more traditional vows first (which we will repeat after the officiant) then say our own.

I agree with not saying the same thing as the officiant. I wouldn't want it to sound redundant. Also, I wouldn't want to saying anything that would embrass him or his parents for that matter.

Have a great day!!
  • Oh, it's ok Peachy.

As you can see in my posting, I wasn't going to argue with you (before I noticed that you deleted the comment)

I figured you were sorry when you deleted the comment.

I know alot of us brides are stressed right now. I am not sure if you misdirected your frustrations towards me or if that is really how you think.

In any case, I am happy with my vows. I think he will be also.

It is just good to have others' perspective sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards