Rhode Island
Options

Tent wedding sites

I  really have my hopes set on a tent wedding or a unique venue ( really dont like reception halls) in Rhode Island or CT maybe in MA if it is near the water. I have looked at places such as Regatta Place in Newport and The Newport yachting Center- I also liked places like Linden Place - Im looking for as many suggestions as possible due to the fact that I live in FL so I really have one weekend in July to look at Venues. My fiance and myself are also interested in possiby renting a home and doing it all ouselves. Our budget is a middle sized budget - we are not over the top people, we want our guests to feel comfortable and laid back but have beautiful scenery to take in as well. If anyone has any suggestions for us to look at it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!!
Bethaney

Re: Tent wedding sites

• Options
    Hi There-I had my wedding @ The North Lawn at Fort Adams (not the Eisenhower House), it is where the Jazz and Folk Festival are held and also where viewers can watch the America Cup Trials next week.  It was absolutely stunning, the backdrop was the Newport Bridge and Newport Harbor with 12 Metre boats sailing by.  My girlfriends were just talking about how beautiful it was this morning on our run.  Can't go wrong! For our cocktail hour we had sofa's and coffee tables scattered throughout the lawn so guest could sit and enjoy the view.  Best  spot in the state!  Good Luck!
  • Options
    You should check out the Roger Williams Botanical Center.  They have a tent that is on the property and available for use for weddings. You can also opt to get married in the Botanical Center itself, and have the reception either in there or in the tent.  A lot of different options with that venue.
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • Options
    check out mt hope farm in bristol RI, they have a beautiful location on the water with views of naragansett bay  http://www.mounthopefarm.org/
  • Options
    Sakonnet Vineyards
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your suggestions! I've actually looked at each of those places- now I just have to visit all of them! Do you have any suggestions on caterers- we are really into the clambake idea but would like other options too.. We are hoping to find something reasonably priced as well that include the majority of the things needed when doing a tent reception.
  • Options
    Another place to check out is Blithewold in Brisol.  They have a tent set up through the summer months.  Right on the water very pretty views but alittle on the high side for price. 
  • Options
    My best friend just had her wedding at Regatta Place on goat island.  It was really nice because the catering company was included and the wedding planner was included.  She is a busy working bride so it was nice and easy for her.  The tent was stunning - it actually looked more like a ballroom and it's right on the water.  We stayed at the hotel across the harbor and actually took a water shuttle back to our room at the end.  That was pretty sweet. 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_tent-wedding-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:bb138fe6-567f-4aa3-a83e-b93070f8b72ePost:c8eb4efc-de05-43d1-8535-c0b767a94d40">Tent wedding sites</a>:
    [QUOTE]I  really have my hopes set on a tent wedding or a unique venue ( really dont like reception halls) in Rhode Island or CT maybe in MA if it is near the water. I have looked at places such as Regatta Place in Newport and The Newport yachting Center- I also liked places like Linden Place - Im looking for as many suggestions as possible due to the fact that I live in FL so I really have one weekend in July to look at Venues. My fiance and myself are also interested in possiby renting a home and doing it all ouselves. Our budget is a middle sized budget - we are not over the top people, we want our guests to feel comfortable and laid back but have beautiful scenery to take in as well. If anyone has any suggestions for us to look at it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! Bethaney
    Posted by bethsupe[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I got married at Belle Mer, they have a smaller, nice room and they work within your budget, reducing costs, or if you are willing to be flexible with the date or the time of year, it can be very afforable.  Nothing beats the view and it's a very nice place, excellent food.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards