Wedding Woes

Has anyone done 30 day shred?

I'm going to start it.  Has anyone done it?

I've had zero luck in motiviating myself to get back into shape since DD was born.  I have to do something.

Re: Has anyone done 30 day shred?

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i lasted 3 or 4 days. 
  • MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things, IF you can finish it. I don't know anyone who has.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  It works.  Eat well and you will see results.
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have it, and I would do it randomly if I didn't have time to go the gym or whatever.

It is a good workout, and it's TOUGH, but for only 20-25 minutes for each day. You will be sore after the first few days, but I know from other people that have done it that it works.

And it's only $10.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_anyone-done-30-day-shred?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:a2283c44-e604-42ab-a2ab-8c65e7f5f1cbPost:2b04ef35-3572-481f-8fd8-28d7d73523b1">Re: Has anyone done 30 day shred?</a>:
    [QUOTE]IIt is a good workout, and it's TOUGH, but for only 20-25 minutes for each day. You will be sore after the first few days, but I know from other people that have done it that it works. And it's only $10.
    Posted by loveshine1[/QUOTE]

These are the reasons I'm wanting to do it.  I'm going to buy it this weekend.  Do I need weights or anything?

ETA:  I've also started eating better than I have been eating (it's only been two weeks, but hey, you gotta start somewhere).  I'll still get whatever I want when we go out to eat, but the things I keep in the house are much healthier than before.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I finished it.  I do other stuff too, so I don't do 30 days through, but I only take maybe 1 day off at a time. 
    edited December 2011
    You will need weights. I started with 3lb weights, but you can do anywhere from 3-5 I would say. If you're feeling super ambitious, probably 8lbs.

There are a lot of reps, so find a weight you can manage through 25+ repetitions of an exercise.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    I'll probably go with 3 pounders.  I just want to tone my arms, not duplicate Jillian's.

Thanks for the advice!
    edited December 2011
    No problem!
  • edited December 2011

I actually did all of it. It's really hard but don't be discouraged if you don't lose 50 lbs afterwards. I'm currently on insanity work out and I wish I was back on jillians lol. But honestly I think that "burn fat boost metabolism" dvd is waaaay better but it is longer....
    Tongue out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tam728tam728 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been alternating with  one day Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and the next day No More Trouble Zones. They are both great workouts. I have 30 day shred too but switched to these because I wanted a longer workout. Good Luck!
  • mmansfield82mmansfield82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't done30 Day Shred, but I have done other two Jillian workouts.  They are really good...tough in the beginning...but they get easier the more you do them.  I used to host a group workout at work and several people would only stay for the beginning part of the exercise.   Give it a go and push through it.  You will feel awesome when you're done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards