Hawaii

Destination Hawaii! (:

Hello ladies, My name is Breana. I am a newbie to this whole wedding planning experience! We have decided however that we would like to have our wedding in Hawaii on a beach in October of 2013. I have no idea where to start or what to do. I have looked at barefoot weddings.com and they seem reasonable....but I already feel overwhelmed and I have a little over two years to plan! Lol i originally wanted to get married in Maui, but now I'm thinking Oahu? I just don't know.....can you help point me in the right direction....or any direction at all?! Lol

Re: Destination Hawaii! (:

• A little under two years to plan is plenty of time.  It may seem daunting at first but it isn't as over whelming as you think.  Your first step is to figure out what island to get married on and then what type of wedding vibe you're going for and how big you want it to be.  Just you and your family or will friends be joining you.  Then next just start looking at other members planning bios to get ideas.  Good luck!
  • Yup.  Start with VIP's and if they can make it.  Then start looking at venues online.  Decide if you want a beach, hotel, private estate, grassy area near the ocean, etc. then begin looking at reviews here.  Once you get a venue everything get's much easier, I found

• Awesome! Thanks! I definitely know I want to be on the beach barefoot n all....but do not want a over populated beach where there will be beachcombers in the pictures. It is definitely a good idea to get a head count of the VIPs, I don't want a huge wedding as we will have a at home reception. Thanks again ladies for the advice....I appreciate it. (:
  • Welcome and congrats. You may want to think of a private house with beach access or mid week on a not so popular date to help avoid beachcombers. 
  • Hi brea! I'm brea too. We got married last October on Maui and it was perfect :) Good luck with your planning!
  • Hi and Congratulations!

My husband and I were married on Maui 2 weeks ago.  It was just the 2 of us on a small beach called Secret Cove at sunset.  Very romantic and beautiful.

Secret Cove is nice for a small intimate wedding.  I noticed that other beaches though did really start to clear fast after about 4:30 especially during the week.  I did not find the beaches as packed as I had thought they would be.  If you marry on the Beach you cannot be guaranteed complete privacy but I think if you choose a sunset wedding during the week there will probably be less extra people around than you expect.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_destination-hawaii?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:580f1483-9642-465b-aa6e-0eec1d39f94ePost:69293298-acde-4912-a13c-d5adf802bcce">Re: Destination Hawaii! (:</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi and Congratulations! My husband and I were married on Maui 2 weeks ago.  It was just the 2 of us on a small beach called Secret Cove at sunset.  Very romantic and beautiful. Secret Cove is nice for a small intimate wedding.  I noticed that other beaches though did really start to clear fast after about 4:30 especially during the week.  I did not find the beaches as packed as I had thought they would be.  If you marry on the Beach you cannot be guaranteed complete privacy but I think if you choose a sunset wedding during the week there will probably be less extra people around than you expect.
    Posted by rmontpas[/QUOTE]

This was exactly our experience. There were other people on the beach but they were so far away we didn't notice :) It was beautiful and absolutely my dream. We were married in Makena as well, but on a different part of the beach.
  • Congratulations !!! Like you I just engaged I just began the planning.  I'm still overwhlemed ... I will recommed looking for locations first and see if they required you to have a head count or if you can just reserve the date.  

• WOOHOO!  Welcome to our amazing community.  Don't be overwhelmed!  It seems like a lot at first, but the ladies here have plenty of solid advice to help you plan the perfect day.
  • Congratulations on your engagement!!

DF and I live on Maui and will be getting married here on the beach during sunset.

You def have some time to do some leg work and find out what suits your wants best regarding which island you'd prefer.

Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Welcome and congrats! I'm eloping on Oahu but I hear Maui is beautiful! My beach is not private but we are getting married at 10:00 a m so I'm hoping it won't be packed at that time. We are then doing a separate sunset photo shoot for different pics! Good luck in planning and let us know where you decide to go!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Hi Breana,

Congratulations!!!  I am getting married on Oct 22, 2013 in Maui.  Since we live so far away(Ontario Canada) to be exact.   I starting looing for a WC right away.  I went with Bill from Mau'd Forever and he is awesome. I contacted him in late Jan and  I already have my Rev, beach, videographer and photographer booked 2 weeks ago.  He has been on the ball.  I went with him, because he had really great reviews and his prices are great.  My wedding is going to be small about 7 of us including the 2 of us.  Bill has made starting this whole experience wonderful and I am stress free knowing I am in good hands.  Best of luck to you. 

Casey
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi and welcome! This community really is so helpful! My first step besides gathering ideas was to do some research regarding which island to wed on and wedding coordinators.  We are getting married in Maui this upcoming July 11 so my vote is for Hawaii as well! Good luck with your planning and I look forward to reading more as your plans unfold! :)
  • Hi we also went through Bill his prices are great and it has been a great experience. I vote for Maui the island ia much more romantic and simply beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards