Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

MAC Cosmetics vs Makeup Forever

Re: MAC Cosmetics vs Makeup Forever

• My daughter who is 22 swears by MAC, I've had good luck with it too.

I do like the Makeup Forever finishing powder though.

MAC is doing the make up for my wedding, they were more flexible with our needs.

Good Luck
  • I haven't tried MAC foundations but their lipsticks are some of the best! I am using Makeup Forever Mat Velvet on my wedding day and I've tested it out and like it.  My skin is problematic and more on the oily side.  For normal skins, Makeup Forever HD is very popular for brides.  MAC is a professional brand you can't go wrong with either though.  I wouldnt try it if you have break out prone skin though b/c people with skin issues tend to have issues with some of MAC's stuff.  I am using both brands ultimately--MUFE foundation and MAC lipstick (I think the MUA may be putting MAC on my eyes as well)  Good luck!
  • Working for MAC for over a year and Also working with Make Up Forever at major events I can honestly tell you I am all for MUFE their foundations leave the skin feeling fresh and light with full coverage to where as MAC foundation seems to not let the skin breathe as much or glow the way Make up forever does.I only use MUFE on my brides on their big days because I know its guarenteed to stay on and not move the way I apply it. For Lipstick im kind of for both I love a few of MACs lipsticks like Ruby Woo (Matte Red) Myth( Nude Lip) LoveLorn(light Pink) Eye shadows you cant go wrong with really either of them because the pigmentation is great But I love to use MUFE.
    Setting Spray is a MUST for your big day MAC's will make you feel fresh for about a hour But I love Love Love Mufe Setting spray its refreshing gives you the "glow" you want on your big day and holds everything in place.

I Hope i helped you if you have anymore questions feel free to email me LeNeaNavarro@aol.com

Make Up By LeNea
    www.LeNeaNavarro.com
  • I haven't used a MAC foundation in years, but their lipsticks are amazing.  I'll be wearing MUFE HD foundation on my wedding day - been practicing with it and the look is perfect, especially when topped with the MUFE HD setting powder.  I also use primer (Arbonne, though I forget the product name) and everything stays in place until I wash it off.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards