Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Questions questions and more questions

I just read the previous post about how it is NOT OK to put the registry on the invites. Where to we put them? Do we wait for people to ask us? We have a wedding website which we will be putting on the invites, can we add it there? And why do so many people say to stay away from Target? I love target lol!

Re: Questions questions and more questions

• Options
    I dont know why so many people think it is improper to put your registry info on your invites.  I have a HUGE family and I am not about to send my poor parents calling everyone and telling them where we are registered.  I know people say it seems tacky, however I couldnt give a flip.  Why should I force my family to go out of their way to get the registry information?
    Also my registry is going to be used for the bridal shower, so people will already know where we are.

Target is a STAY AWAY ZONE.  They just can't get their registry together, their return policy on registry items stinks, and its ever accurate. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_questions-questions-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:20ef2550-6020-4700-8e85-35d85ecfd248Post:02babad1-cb38-4772-a078-72e0fadc0ab4">Re: Questions questions and more questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont know why so many people think it is improper to put your registry info on your invites.  I have a HUGE family and I am not about to send my poor parents calling everyone and telling them where we are registered.  I know people say it seems tacky, however I couldnt give a flip.  <strong>Why should I force my family to go out of their way to get the registry information? </strong>Also my registry is going to be used for the bridal shower, so people will already know where we are. Target is a STAY AWAY ZONE.  They just can't get their registry together, their return policy on registry items stinks, and its ever accurate. 
    Posted by madsenm2[/QUOTE]
    Asking a question isn't really 'going out of their way.' If they're invited to your shower, they'll find out when the hostess includes the info there. If they're not, they'll ask someone who they know is closer to you. There is absolutely no way you can include registry info on your wedding invite or STD without looking like a gift grabber. Even if they don't say it to your face, that's what they'll think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards