Indiana

FORT WAYNE; Lakeside Rose Garden Questions

Hi everyone!  First post!  :)

Our wedding is going to be at the Lakeside Rose Garden on September 8th this year (please don't rain!!) 

Anyway, I read on a separate thread back in 2009 that seating is limited to 75 people - does anyone know if that means the chairs are supplied by the park?  Is it part of the booking fee?  Chairs are so expensive coming from Party Apart after store hours.

Which brings me to my next question.  Our ceremony will be at 7:30.  I wanted it to be dark to take advantage of lighting opportunities - does anyone know what's allowed as far as lighting and using your own decor?  I wanted to put some floating light balls or something in the pools in the center of the aisles, nothing messy, just something to reflect off the water, and maybe some candles.  Also, how lit up is the garden at night?  I would go out there myself and look, but it's winter right now and I'm not sure they would even bother to light it up when there's snow on the ground...

Any other helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!  We are hoping to have a quick ceremony and dessert buffet on premises.  I know most people just have the ceremony there, but we're on a budget :)

Re: FORT WAYNE; Lakeside Rose Garden Questions

• Hi there!

I tried to find some info for ya on the chairs and for putting things in the water. The contract that I found: http://www.fortwayneparks.org/images/stories/Facilities/WedContract10.pdf states that they don't provide chairs and if you do want chairs, you have to book for a 4 hr increment. I couldn't find anything about putting candles in the water.. they did provide a phone number though {260} 427-6015 to ask questions. - As far as expenses for the chairs. could you just get a few for your elderly guests (assuming you have them?) and then just have everyone else stand? 

I live within walking distance of the garden and could go take pics for you sometime these next two weeks if you want. Keep in mind though, they are going to be darker than during your September ceremony because of how dark it is being winter and all. Let me know if I can help you out! Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm having my wedding here in September the maximumchairs allowed is 100 nothing can touch the ground at all not even a aisle runner and the only decorations allowed are on the chairs and if u have chairs you have to rent the park in four hour increments.the park does not provide chairs a party apart is providing ours for us.if you are having your wedding at bridal glen then the Max is 75 chairs
  • Thanks for the replies!  I would have responded sooner, but it didn't tell me I had any responses in my email...

... so nothing can touch the ground... does that mean the grass?  Does that exclude the cement/water?  I hope so... or else we're going to somehow make everything levitate... :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_fort-wayne-lakeside-rose-garden-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:e8b7e90f-481b-4923-8ba4-459836b05726Post:3881795e-c37e-4754-9121-7843c7fc9f48">Re: FORT WAYNE; Lakeside Rose Garden Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the replies!  I would have responded sooner, but it didn't tell me I had any responses in my email... ... so nothing can touch the ground... does that mean the grass?  Does that exclude the cement/water?  I hope so... or else we're going to somehow make everything levitate... :)
    Posted by redneony[/QUOTE]
    I wanted to use a aisle runner they told me no that nothing can be on the ground but the chairs for the ceremony
  • Lakeside is pretty but have you thought about using foster park? (i am biased)

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ask me stuff.
  • Hello! I am a wedding planner and I would love to assist you with anything if you are having problems. I live in the Indianapolis area so if you would like a session please email me at unforgettableweddingsandeventsgmai.com I also have a website www.wix.com/shamekiahunt/unforgettableweds
  • Since your wedding has passed now, do you have any tips? I'm planning on getting married there at the end of June next year. I know about seating (100), that I can't put up a tent or canopy, and that the only thing our guests/flower girl can throw is birdseed. Is there anything I need to know this far out? Also, who did you go to for chairs?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards