Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Lipstick

So, I'm a chapstick girl (Blistex Herbal Answer to be exact).  I live off the stuff.  If I don't have a tube of chapstick with me, I get a little anxiety.  Yeah, I realize this is probably a problem.  FI also doesn't like the look or feel of lipstick.  Usually this works out pretty well for us.

However, I have a wedding coming up that I'll be in pictures for as well as e-pics (hopefully) soon.  I like having a little bit of lip color, especially in pictures.  Do any of you ladies have a recommendation for a favorite lipstick, gloss, or stain that you absolutely love?  You get extra points if you recommend something that I can wear my chapstick on top of.  I've tried sooooo many different things, and I just can't seem to find anything that works as well as I'd like.  Especially, a lot of the all day wear ones are removed with chapstick, so if I put chapstick on (which I will inevitably do sooner or later), then it starts flaking off.

Any recs are appreciated!  Thanks ladies!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

Re: Lipstick

• edited December 2011
    OMG I am so much like you in this aspect- my pick/need is aquaphor- my fave chapstick ever. I am actually bad enough that I am thinking where I am going to stash my aquaphor for my wedding. Might make FI carry it.

Anyways, I really like the Stila lip glosses- a lot. As far as lipstick, Chanels Rouge
    Coco line is great.

And I also can't get the all day wearing lipsticks to last more than 2 hours- they start oddly flaking off. I have given up on them.
  • edited December 2011
    Ooo good question...  I'm a total chapstick girl also, so I'm interested to see what people have to say!
  • edited December 2011
    I hate lipstick, I love burt's bees! So along with hating lipstick I found one that I could stand. And you should apply Chapstick over it and often. Cover girl : Outlast all day Lipcolor.
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Cover Girl LipSlicks in Hipster -- I'm sure the other colors are great, but that's my standby. I actually wear it over chapstick usually... It's just enough color that it doesn't look like I forgot about my lips, but it never competes w/heavy eye makeup if that's what I happen to be wearing. And it's cheap -- around $5 I think?

It's in a colored twist up tube, so it goes on like chapstick, and you don't really need a mirror for it.
  • edited December 2011
    I just asked Amber W at S&C the same question!  She said:

For the lips, grab a lip stain, they usually come with a gloss on the other end.  MAC makes a very long lasting one and lots of people like the smashbox or tart ones. You can get the last two at ULTA.

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had good luck with both Cover Girl's lipstain and Just Bitten (which I wore for my wedding). Both last a long time and you can wear all the chapstick you want over them!
    Photobucket
  • ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_lipstick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:be10fe60-b9f5-473a-aaad-644bebbd1977Post:ddb06782-22cb-471b-917c-5e82374db2b3">Re: Lipstick</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just asked Amber W at S&C the same question!  She said: For the lips, grab a lip stain, they usually come with a gloss on the other end.  MAC makes a very long lasting one and lots of people like the smashbox or tart ones. You can get the last two at ULTA.
    Posted by jenn920[/QUOTE]

The MAC is what I used, it worked great the day of the wedding, wasn't too much, but just gave that hint of a color. I also found it much better than other long lasting lipstick that I've purchased before. Flaking was a big issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards