New York-Western

DJ in Buffalo??

Any suggestions for DJs in Buffalo area that don't have white hair and play the Twist???  Having trouble finding a more "hip" DJ with modern song selections and lively personality :)

Re: DJ in Buffalo??

• edited December 2011

DJ Jickster (97 Rock)! He DJ'ed our wedding 2 weeks ago and did a fantastic job! Incorporated all of our wishes and added a few neat twists of his own (ok'ed by us before he did them). Everyone danced all night long!! Highly recommend him!!

• StephyD216StephyD216 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when we were looking at DJs, all of the vendors we had booked so far recommended Premier Sound, specifically Eric Volk. Their reviews are amazing, and most of them praise Eric specifically. Check them out, they're prices were reasonable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • jemalie73jemalie73 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Energy Entertainment.  We used and went to a wedding that had Brad Smith as the dj.  He was great!  Definitely gave us some fun different ideas so that our intros, and some song selections weren't so ordinary.  He kept the dance floors full all night long!  Highly recommend him!
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whirlin Disc! We've seen them atleast 4 weddings and loved them so we booked them off that.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • snooks721snooks721 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Whirlin Disc!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I third Whirlin Disc. I had Rob do my wedding.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a few weddings that used Phenomenon Sound which were good, but they are on the pricier side. We're using Saxman Slim after he was highly recommended to us by some friends.
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i second phenomenon sound.  they are a little pricey, but if you book them at a bridal show, they're more resonable, plus they threw in free uplights!

we decided to go with them becuase we could customize our song list, and they would let us dictate a bit more of what/how things were played.
  • jemalie73jemalie73 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    A bit of advice when it comes to Phenomenon Sound.  Friends of mine used them for their wedding and were super excited for the same reasons that were listed, customizing the playlist, etc.  They met with them and even gave them their first dance song as it was a specific acoustic version they wanted played.  At their actual wedding, the wrong first dance song was played and they played at least 3 songs from their "do not play list".   Apparently there was no communication between the person they met with and the dj.  Best bet...meet with the person who is actually deejaying your wedding and not someone in the office.
  • kygirl23kygirl23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recomment The Hitmen! We were at a wedding recently that I thought would be a dud for dancing because it was an older crowd and they managed to keep the dance floor packed all night! Super nice guys too:) http://www.facebook.com/TheHitmenBuffalo
  • edited December 2011
    Toy Bros!  We had so many compliments on our DJ and our dance floor was packed all night. 
  • I really didn't like whirling disc :/ for the past 2 yrs he's played at my fiancé holiday party and he only did request and I think a dj should do his own mix and put a request here and there. Also he only played old old music. I defitnately crossed him off my list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_dj-buffalo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:23709158-71e9-4b82-a94b-b6fd135e4127Post:ff57e8d4-914f-436a-83cc-2efb537ad35b">Re: DJ in Buffalo??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really didn't like whirling disc :/ for the past 2 yrs he's played at my fiancé holiday party and he only did request and I think a dj should do his own mix and put a request here and there. Also he only played old old music. I defitnately crossed him off my list.
    Posted by Janagringo2013[/QUOTE]

Whirlin Disc does as they are asked. The person organizing the party probably requested that he take all the request and play music that is older to cover the whole age crowd. People my parents age aren't doing to want to listen to Lady Gaga all night.

I had Whirlin Disc at several occasion, including my wedding and grandparents 50 ann. party. They played different style of music to correspond with the crowd and our request. Both times they were professional, everyone had a great time and the dance floor was full.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    awesome, I'm grateful for all the responses!!!  We're looking into a few of them, PHenomenon, Whirlin Disc and something else called Soundwave or something. Thanks for the input!
  • We picked out Toy Bros because of their amazing reviews. After meeting with the owner we were totally sold.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "So will you spend the rest of your life with me?
    Will you marry me?"
    Rachel&Steven
  • We are using Whirlin' Disc! They are awesome and so easy to work with! We have heard nothing but wonderful things about them, and they are the most reasonable of ALL the places we looked at! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards