Chit Chat
Options

WTF? Why would you even say that?

I had a nephew that died two years ago, he was 13 months old and his death, in my eyes, was no accident.

Just a couple of minutes ago, my mother said that she should have gotten life insurance for him, that way she would be rich!

I am so angry right now! Am I out of place? Or would you be pissed off as well?
~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~

Re: WTF? Why would you even say that?

• Options
    I'd be pissed too. That was really insensitive.

You don't buy life insurance to get rich. FI and I have it on each other so that, god forbid, something happens we won't have to worry about funeral expense or finances for awhile and will be able to grieve. Not to be rich. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wtf-why-would-you-even-say-that?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:deda8188-8d78-471d-bba9-025fdf5801dcPost:38462c7b-cab9-4436-95da-94167d29a5db">Re: WTF? Why would you even say that?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be pissed too. That was really insensitive. You don't buy life insurance to get rich. FI and I have it on each other so that, god forbid, something happens we won't have to worry about funeral expense or finances for awhile and will be able to grieve. Not to be rich. 
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

Well that makes sense, I just don't know why she would say that about her own Grandson...
  • Options
    Everybody deals with grief differently, sometimes people end up saying really inappropriate things when they don't know what else to say.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Is she this inappropriate about most things?  I have 6 g'kids and can't even imagine a statement like that coming out of my mouth.
  • Options
    Sorry. That was a really sh!tty thing for your mom to say. I'd be angry too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would be a bit upset. But working in an insurance agency, I can tell you that she would not be rich. It would help cover funeral cost. But life insurance is still pretty important. We had someone at our office and he was going to wait a few weeks to sign the papers for life insurance then he died from a stroke that week. His wife has nothing now and is really struggling and they were in their early 50's.

But I would never say she would have been rich from life insurance, agian funeral cost plus help keep her on her feet with loosing half of their household income.

I am sorry for your loss.
  • Options
     I know people really never stop grieving after they lose a loved one, but I just want to slap her for what she said and yes she is very insensitive on a daily basis...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wtf-why-would-you-even-say-that?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:deda8188-8d78-471d-bba9-025fdf5801dcPost:513c044d-2b53-4bf6-90a4-5f1426a72a75">Re: WTF? Why would you even say that?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I know people really never stop grieving after they lose a loved one, but I just want to slap her for what she said and yes she is very insensitive on a daily basis...
    Posted by sierraberry32[/QUOTE]

Have you ever brought this to her attention? Im not sure I could have held back if I heard a comment like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wtf-why-would-you-even-say-that?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:deda8188-8d78-471d-bba9-025fdf5801dcPost:06e70783-b642-4c45-a394-607121d9b05a">Re: WTF? Why would you even say that?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF? Why would you even say that? : Have you ever brought this to her attention? Im not sure I could have held back if I heard a comment like that.
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

No shes a loose cannon I guess you could say, she blows up whenever somebody tries proving her wrong... Then it turns into a fight and she acts as if the sky is falling...
  • Options
    In Response to Re:WTF? Why would you even say that?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF? Why would you even say that?:In Response to Re: WTF? Why would you even say that? : No shes a loose cannon I guess you could say, she blows up whenever somebody tries proving her wrong... Then it turns into a fight and she acts as if the sky is falling... Posted by sierraberry32[/QUOTE]

So basically, she ALWAYS behaves this way. Absolutely, she's insensitive, but if this is how she is, this is how she is. Rather than wasting your energy and poisoning your own life with your rage at her various comments, you should probably work on finding a different way to react to her, KWIM?
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    As someone who is a nurse and worked in pediatrics for many years and watched many children die, I can tell you I don't think any of their parents or families were thinking about how to "get rich" off of their death.  Those families would have given amount of money to keep their child alive and live in poverty. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re:WTF? Why would you even say that?:[QUOTE]and his death, in my eyes, was no accident.Posted by sierraberry32[/QUOTE]

So nobody else is even the slightest bit concerned that OP is essentially accusing somebody of infanticide?

No? We're all just going to talk about how insensitive her typically insensitive mother is and completely overlook murder accusations? Okay then.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    Thats a pretty messed up thing to say. i am mad FOR you and i dont even know you. I always bite my tounge but something like that i would not be able to 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wtf-why-would-you-even-say-that?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:deda8188-8d78-471d-bba9-025fdf5801dcPost:e4d11e39-a0eb-46e3-bbc9-d06403887ce0">Re:WTF? Why would you even say that?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:WTF? Why would you even say that?: So nobody else is even the slightest bit concerned that OP is essentially accusing somebody of infanticide? No? We're all just going to talk about how insensitive her typically insensitive mother is and completely overlook murder accusations? Okay then.
    Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]

I know I'm wondering what actually happened to the baby.
  • Options
    That's horrible!! Even if she meant it as a joke, that is beyond morbid!

My father has said and done some unforgiving things after my  mom passed. Let's just say he was out looking for someone new not too long after...and said some pretty $hitty things.
    I have distanced myself from him, and from your responses, I suggest you do the same.
    She sounds like a horrible person inside and out.

There's no way anyone could grieve peacefully while that witch is around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to Re:WTF? Why would you even say that?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:WTF? Why would you even say that?:I know I'm wondering what actually happened to the baby. Posted by MichelleL8707[/QUOTE]

Like, I don't need sordid details of such a tragedy, but seriously, implying a baby was murdered is pretty flipping serious. Not something you just casually mention in conversation. How everybody is just glossing over that is beyond me.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wtf-why-would-you-even-say-that?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:deda8188-8d78-471d-bba9-025fdf5801dcPost:1e6ec21d-dd99-46db-99cf-215977dad655">Re:WTF? Why would you even say that?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:WTF? Why would you even say that?: Like, I don't need sordid details of such a tragedy, but seriously, implying a baby was murdered is pretty flipping serious. Not something you just casually mention in conversation. How everybody is just glossing over that is beyond me.
    Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]

You know...your ABSOLUTELY right! I don't know how I passed by that! When it comes to children and animals, usually I'm already baring arms!

Something like that deffinately shouldn't be just ignored!!!
    I admit my ignorance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wtf-why-would-you-even-say-that?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:deda8188-8d78-471d-bba9-025fdf5801dcPost:80e8fb72-82c8-4dce-a913-4d4f9a642d17">Re:WTF? Why would you even say that?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:WTF? Why would you even say that? : I know I'm wondering what actually happened to the baby.
    Posted by MichelleL8707[/QUOTE]

He was sick, and the parents were asked to leave him overnight at the hospital, but my sister said "no". A week later she put him to bed and didn't check on him for 17 hours. By the time they found him, he had gone stiff.  What happened within the few hours after he was noticed, is not certain (a.k.a. my sister changed the story way too much). All we know for sure is that he had a bean stuck in his trachea or air pipe that made one lung fill completely with puss and the other lung was too weak and caught pneumonia, thus causing him to die. There was a long custody battle for his surviving brother and sister, that lasted a year and a half. Today they reside with their parents.
  • Options
    wao 17 hour without checking a baby..there is no way to explain why baby was left alone for so long...there must be something wrong with your sister.That is not an accident.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards