Canada-Alberta

Accessing/Finding Resources for our out of town wedding

we are planning on having our ceremony and reception on some really good family friends (of my FHs) property, the issue I am having now is that it is by Innisfail and we are in Okotoks.
 I am wondering if anyone has some suggestions on how to coordinate or even find resources for our special day as i don't have any family out there at all to help me (mine's all in Calgary).

Thanks!! Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Accessing/Finding Resources for our out of town wedding

• edited December 2011
    Google would be my suggestion.  What resources are you looking for
  • edited December 2011
    Google is your best friend.  When planning a wedding that is in a location you don't live in, your best bet is to make a trip there and have a planning weekend.  Once you find one vendor, use them to find the others.  We found our florist by asking our photographer if he knew anyone in the area who did florals.
  • kyla2012kyla2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for a photographer and a florist as well as a place to get our hair and make up done for that day. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest google photographer and then name of city you are getting married in, same thing with flortist and hair stylilst.  Aslo, try kijiji.  I know for my wedding, I found the location for my reception, I got a sneak peak before their open house and found my photogrpher, at the open house also found my caterer.  As PP stated, find one vendor and ask them who they would recommend for the others.
  • edited December 2011
    I can recommend Lori Loree of Loree Photography.  She is from Okotoks but is very accomodating for travel.  Her website is www.loreephotography.com.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sydney91Sydney91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look at Red Deer resources too. Its only 30 kms.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards