Michigan-Detroit

How much are you spending on flowers?

How much are you spending on flowers and what are you getting within that budget?  I had a $1750/1800 budget in mind, but with 21 guest tables that need centerpieces, the head table, the cake flowers, 7 bridesmaid bouquets, 7 groomsmen, etc. I'm wondering if this is unrealistic?
Anniversary

Re: How much are you spending on flowers?

• crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on what type of flowers you want to use.  I think it is definitely realistic.  Contact Michelle Nonis 586-776-1201.  She does flowers out of her home and has been doing them for over 30 years.  She is doing my wedding next month.  I am getting 30 centerpieces, the head table, 9 bouquets, 18 bouts, cake, etc. for approx. $3200.  But I am using only roses and hydrangeas and I have a November wedding.  If you are willing to use less expensive flowers then you could definitely do it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers arnt very  important to me, so my budget is around $600-$800. Im not doing flowers as part of my centerpices so that keeps it down.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_much-spending-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:be065ff0-231f-4f6c-9bbd-a4793c8d92f1Post:aa40b86d-a623-4f59-b3d3-28dfd924d42c">Re: How much are you spending on flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It really depends on what type of flowers you want to use.  I think it is definitely realistic.  Contact Michelle Nonis 586-776-1201.  She does flowers out of her home and has been doing them for over 30 years.  She is doing my wedding next month.  I am getting 30 centerpieces, the head table, 9 bouquets, 18 bouts, cake, etc. for approx. $3200.  But I am using only roses and hydrangeas and I have a November wedding.  If you are willing to use less expensive flowers then you could definitely do it!
    Posted by crhein26[/QUOTE]

Does Michelle do silk flowers?
  • edited December 2011
    Flowers were one of my low budget items for sure.  We are going through Nicki Crosby of Lasting Touch in Wixom.  She does them out of her home, so costs are low. 

Ours were around 1800 for:
    -My bouquet
    -3 BM bouquets
    -FG bouquet
    -10ish bouts
    -5 or 6 corsages
    -~17 centerpieces (minimal flowers, mostly rentals)
    -Renting 4 vases
    -2 alter arrangement
    -Toss bouquet
    -LOTS of rose petals for various tables.

Ours will be almost all roses. Depending on what type of flowers you want and what type of centerpieces you are looking for I definitely think it is possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am spending around $2000 but getting $3500 worth of flowers for that price. My mom very close friend owns the flower shop so I am getting a great deal.

For that price I am getting

25 two piece table centerpieces
    My bouquet
    7 Girls
    1 Junior Girl
    1 flower girl
    8 Guys
    1 ring bearer
    4 Parents
    2 Grandparents
    15 Cocktail table smaller centerpieces
    2 Bar decorations

It also includes 175  candles
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Right now the estimate is around $3500-$4000

• Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My estimate with Michele Nonis is around $1,400 and I have similar specs to you, OP...around 20 centerpieces, 7 bouquets + mine, and 7 bouts + some additional corsages/bouts for parents/grandparents, etc.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • cmusmiles85cmusmiles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Approx. $2500 from Westborn Market it Dearborn. We're getting:
    Bridal Bouquet
    5 Bridesmaid Bouquets
    5 Corsages (mom, grandmas)
    11 Bouts (groom, groomsmen/ushers, dads, grandpa)
    2 Large Ceremony Flowers (in vases/pots)
    18 Medium sized reception centerpieces
    Flower petals for 10 cocktail tables & cake table
    10 Hydrangeas for the ceremony aisle (tied on chairs)
    Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • crhein26crhein26 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_much-spending-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:be065ff0-231f-4f6c-9bbd-a4793c8d92f1Post:dd5cf1b2-3d6b-4987-bd76-c3ed6bce2777">Re: How much are you spending on flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much are you spending on flowers? : Does Michelle do silk flowers?
    Posted by PhoneCardLady[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, but I'm not sure.  Try calling her.  And to be honest with you, I sometimes think that silk flowers are more than real flowers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • msteachesmsteaches member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like it can be done. For $1300 we're getting 17 centerpieces, flowers for the cake, bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquet, 5 corsages, and 8 bouts and delivery to two locations. She is bringing vases for our head table for my bridesmaid to pick their bouquets in. We are also using roses and hydrangeas and some other flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having my bouquet, 1 BM bouquet, 4 Bouts (groom, Best man, fathers), 2 Corsages (moms), 10 tables of centerpieces and arrangements for the card and welcome tables.

We are getting that for around $850, but that is with a discount because my Uncle owns the shop. It would normally be around $1100
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we spent a little bit over 1000 and got:

1 bridal bouquet with roses and lillies
    4 bridesmaid bouquets (all roses)
    25 centerpieces
    flower petals for all 25 tables
    2 large altar arrangements
    16 julep cups with white lillies (for the pews)
    1 grooms bout
    3 groomsmen bouts
    8 corsages for family
    9 bouts for family
    flowers to decorate the cake

I used April from April Irelynn Designs and she was fabulous... highly recommend her.
  • Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    edited December 2011
    I cannot wrap my mind around the thought of spending thousands of dollars on something that's going to die in two days.  (but that's just me!  LOL.  I insisted on spending $1000 on a photobooth.  It's all about priorities)

I'm DIYing the bouquets.  We may skip bouts in favor of pocket squares.  Our centerpieces are pillar candleholders.

I'm hoping to get out of this for less than $300.00.  
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Silk Thumb Florist in Wyandotte and had an excellent experience. We're using real flowers, though. I had a plan for WP flowers but that fell through so FMIL is looking into a friend to take care of that but for $1700 we are getting 23 centerpieces -- but the cost may come down a little because she wanted to explode the WP tables with like a bunch of nonsense (okay not nonsense, but I just think it's over-the-top and unnecessary) and the day I met with her I was in somewhat of a hurry because I had to go straight to work so when she said 'the order could be adjusted anytime before 10 days before the ceremony' I basically just left knowing we'd probably take off $200 of the order. And it'll also be adjusted if we have less than 23 tables, obviously, lol

They are very accomodating with budgets and she is just super friendly/loves what she does. I really think they'll be happy to help you find what you want :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm spending about 2100$ for flowers and linens. 15 centerpieces, my bouquet, 3 bm bouquets, 10 bouts, 2 corsages, unity candle arrangement, flowers for the Madonna, and some very simple pew flowers. (linens= 150 chair covers/sashes, runners for the tables, and cake/gift/head table linens)
    Like people have already said you can save a lot of money by going with flowers that are in season or otherwise less expensive. 
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_much-spending-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:be065ff0-231f-4f6c-9bbd-a4793c8d92f1Post:0867eb28-257c-46cb-a20c-ba165b16c22d">Re: How much are you spending on flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we spent a little bit over 1000 and got: 1 bridal bouquet with roses and lillies 4 bridesmaid bouquets (all roses) 25 centerpieces flower petals for all 25 tables 2 large altar arrangements 16 julep cups with white lillies (for the pews) 1 grooms bout 3 groomsmen bouts 8 corsages for family 9 bouts for family flowers to decorate the cake I used April from April Irelynn Designs and she was fabulous... highly recommend her.
    Posted by larzhope[/QUOTE]

Do you have pictures of any of your flowers? I'm meeting with April on the 22nd
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_much-spending-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:be065ff0-231f-4f6c-9bbd-a4793c8d92f1Post:dd5cf1b2-3d6b-4987-bd76-c3ed6bce2777">Re: How much are you spending on flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much are you spending on flowers? : Does Michelle do silk flowers?
    Posted by PhoneCardLady[/QUOTE]

Silk flowers are usually more expensive if you are looking to keep your cost down.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really glad you asked this question because I have no clue what my budget is for flowers.  The last wedding I stood up in the bride spent 25,000 on flowers .... for me, that is about what my entire wedding is going to cost!
  • edited December 2011
    Uh... like $200-$300 from Costco lol.... our whole budget is almost as much as what yall are paying just for flowers.
  • edited December 2011
    My planner told me for what I want, I need $8000 for my flower budget. I'm having 30 tables with some high antique candelabras with roses, and some lower centerpieces. My dad is a flower freak so he doesn't mind paying that ridiculous amount!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting my flowers for around $750 through Courtyard Flowers.  With that I am getting my bouquet, 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen, 2 moms, 2 dads, grandparents, 3 ushers, groom, 1 jr groomsman, and she is setting up all of my DIY centerpieces. She is awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to diy, or go the costco route, but the girls from Linnaea Floral Design are doing exactly what I want for way cheaper than I could find on my own. I am getting my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids, 4 corsages, His bout, 6 bouts for our guys, and petals for our flower girl. All that is $300. They also are willing to work in flowers from my garden, depending on what is blooming. I am a huge gardener, so it was important to me that if something is ready in May, that they would work with it. Most florists would not. I am diying the centerpieces, but if I was going with flowers , I bet they would be affordable. The pic is a close-up of the trial bouquet they made me. I LOVED it! 

• edited December 2011

It all depends on the flowers that you want. A good florist will work with you and will help you find alternatives to keep the cost down.

Flowers were very important to me and we had lots and lots of them. All ivory garden roses, hydrangea, button mums, and greenery. $3500 for 6 bouquets, 10 bouts, 6 corsages, 2 altar arrangements, 6 hydrangea bunches for pew-ends, 18 centerpieces, and 6 misc arrangements for the venue. We used the Parsonage in Clarkston.

• edited December 2011
    I am also using the ladies at Linnaea, and I am getting 6 BM bouquets, bridal bouqet, 8-10 centerpieces, (DIYing the rest), bout's, and 8 pew/chair decorations for the ceremony for $800. My FI had a pretty specific idea for the centerpieces, I sent them a pic and she made it happen within my budget. Actually, it was pretty well below my budget, so we added ceremony decor which was one less thing for me to do myself! We will have white oriental lilies, hydrangea, and vendela cream roses. I highly recommend them :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I am working with Parsonage Flowers in Clarkston and they are wonderful. I went in with my mom and said we have $350 for flowers. I splurged on the dress and venue. Cake and Flowers were my least priority. They made everything work with my VERY small budget. I have a eiffel tower centerpiece for my paris theme. We decided to do my bouquet which is all yellow roses with rinestone centers and then for my 5 girls gerber dasies. We saw on a wedding on tv, I believe brothers and sisters, where the groom was the only one wearing a boutineer. So that is what we are doing. We talked to the moms and they all decided that they do not need anything. Everyone should know who they are already. 

I had a really good friend tell me a story about her flowers. She spent almost $8,000 on flowers. She did it all. Centerpieces, bouquet, corsages, etc. The next morning they checked out of the hotel and saw all the flowers in the garbage. All that money she spent on the flowers was totally wasted. 

So think of that before you go on and spend a ton on flowers. To me, get a great venue. If it is beautiful and unique you don't even need flowers. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am wondering when people say "centerpieces" just how elaborate their centerpieces really are since some are more expensive then others. Cost also depends on the type of flowers. I just got my first quote which was $2,500 for 1 bridal bouquet, 1 FG bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 2 MOB wristlets, 8 boutonnieres, 1 card table arrangement, and 10 center pieces. My centerpieces are tall and extremely full and the main flower I am using is the calla lily (which tends to be pricier). I am still wondering, however, if this is too much. I plan to visit at least one other florist, well plan to send my mother to visit at least one more as I am planning my wedding from MD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards