Rhode Island

David's Bridal in Warwick - Found my dress!

I spend most of my time on the Las Vegas board since FI & I will be getting married in Vegas in March 2010.  I wanted to say hi to RI knotties and give a rave for David’s Bridal on Route 2 in Warwick.

One of the reasons I went to DB is because I read on this board that they would have samples in my size 14 to try on. My consultant was Donna G and she was really great & supportive. They didn’t have all the dresses I wanted to try on but certainly enough so I could get an idea of what I wanted.  I found a dress that I really love. Decided on an ivory tea length dress from the Galina (pic in bio). This will work perfect because we will be doing a photo tour after our ceremony and don’t want to have to worry about a long dress dragging behind me as we go from location to location (Venetian, Paris & Bellagio hotels) for pics.
 I had to order my dress in a size 16, which was estimated to be in February. I received an email last week saying it was already in and I picked it up on Friday. It fits perfect! I also bought shoes that are super comfortable and chiffon shawl to match. BTW, dress and shoes were on sale!   I had a great experience at DB and everyone was very friendly and helpful.   

Re: David's Bridal in Warwick - Found my dress!

• edited December 2011
    Glad you had such a great experience. Your dress is beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I love your dress. I thought about doing tea length for a while but now am not sure. :) Like you said, that should be perfect for your photo tour idea!
  • edited December 2011
    Donna G was my consultant too! I loved her! She was so sweet! She made me very comfortable and knew all the right things to say! I orignially wasn't even going to go the David's but after looking online they were the only place where I actaully saw dresses I liked. So it was the first place I went and I ended up buying the second dress I tried on. Although we continued trying more on! I was there for 3 hours but it felt like 20 mins! I was soo pleased with my expierence there!
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• edited December 2011
    I had Donna as my consultant too.  She is the best.  I have a friend that works for Men's Warehouse and she even told me after I bought my dress that she is her favorite too.  She is so easy to work with and I never felt pressure. 

Congrats on your dress though.....it was my favorite part of all the planning so far.
  • edited December 2011
    Also a Donna G girl from DB in Warwick..   This goes to show you that a DB experience is all about location and the consultant.  I found a great dress for $350.  Donna was fabulous with my girls when we did BM dress shopping as well
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ayleeaylee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love your dress!  I always wanted to wear a tea-length gown, but I can't for a couple of reasons
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards