Just Engaged and Proposals

newly engaged

My boyfriend proposed last week, he had planned to wait for christmas but the day he did was the day we found out our baby is a boy.  It was such a special day he couldn't wait.

Just wondering, how many of you got engagement photos taken?  I want this engagement to be just as special as it would be if I wasn't 4 months pregnant.  I thought this might be a nice way to do that.

Re: newly engaged

• Yay! Congratulations!  That is so sweet that he couldn't wait. 

We plan to have engagement photos taken.  Who cares if you're pregnant? You can still have a wedding every bit as beautiful and as traditional as you like.  Will you be married before giving birth?

Just wondering from the username, are you a vegetarian/vegan (I am)? :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_newly-engaged-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:6b28f4a9-17c7-4593-bd9b-d1dc91a74c3cPost:9daae7f3-dc18-4c56-a4da-ffd415e5ca47">Re: newly engaged</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! Congratulations!  That is so sweet that he couldn't wait.  We plan to have engagement photos taken.  Who cares if you're pregnant? You can still have a wedding every bit as beautiful and as traditional as you like.  Will you be married before giving birth? Just wondering from the username, are you a vegetarian/vegan (I am)? :)
    Posted by jeanieg[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We will get married after the baby, Im only 5 months away from giving birth if I go at my due date & it will take at least a year to plan the wedding we want.</div><div>
    </div><div>yep, I was raised vegetarian and have been vegan 7 years.</div>
  • We took engagement photos about 5 months into our 16 month engagement.

Just a note: don't pay for them!   Wait until you book your wedding photographer first.  Every single wedding photographer we looked at for our wedding included an engagement session in their wedding package.  Our photographer likes doing them so she can get to know the couple before the wedding and we can learn how she works.  In fact, with her, it's mandatory, so you don't get any money back if you DON'T do them.  It was a great experience.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • My fiance and I are getting engagement photos, but only b/c it's included in our photographer's package.  And like Brie said, it's a way to get to know your photographer and how she/he works.  Also my fiance doesn't always take great "posed" pics (like Chandler in friends!!!) , so this will be nice to get him comfortable in front of the camera.  We've decided to wait until spring 2010 to get them done (we're having an Oct 2010 wedding) so the weather will be nice.  We are actually going to have them taken atthe same park where he proposed, so it will be meaningful as well!!
  • oh I also wanted to add that's it's nice to have them done with your photographer just in case you don't like them......a friend of mine actually learned she didn't really like her photographer and was able to book another one......had she not had engagement photos taken, she would not have known this. 
  • Congrats Vegandy on your engagement and the baby.  That's cute you posted the pic!   Congrats!
  • Congrats--both on the engagement and the baby!
  • Congrats! You could defiantly take engagement photos. :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards