Ohio-Cleveland

Happy Days Lodge Brides

Anyone have their wedding at the Happy Days Lodge in Peninsula? I am 5 months away from ours and the details are starting to add up!! I was wondering what hotels were used near by, and what kind of transportation was used to get from the lodge to the hotel after the reception. Thanks!!! 

Re: Happy Days Lodge Brides

• I am planning our wedding at the Happy Days Lodge.  My fiance and I drove around to all the different hotels north and south of Happy Days.  The nicest location was the Courtyard by Marriot in Stow.  They also have a set up with Thomas Limousine for shuttle service if you have enough people staying at the hotel.
    Nicole
  • Thanks. We actually are staying at that hotel so that works perfectly!  
  • How many people does the Happy Days Lodge hold?
  • I'm checking out this venue also but am playing phone tag with them! We are expecting about 150 people. Does anyone know how much it is to rent the facility?
  • The Lodge holds 180 people. Prices vary depending on your needs, and are probably a little more since I reserved it last May... 
    4 hour ceremony only... $700
    8 hour reception only... $1800
    10 hour ceremony and reception... $2250
    14 hour.... $3000
    Addtional hours are $250/hour
    Alcohol permit ... $150.
    They suggest 6 different Caterers, and if you dont use one of them its an addition $600..
    The very big down side to renting this property is the hours you buy are the ONLY hours you have access to the place. That includes tearing down decorations after the wedding!!!! So plan wisely!
    I will be getting married there in May so any other question feel free to ask!
  • That is so helpful! They're having an open house next week and I'm hoping I'll be able to make it. It looks awesome. I'm just hoping if I like it, I can make the pricing work. We're planning a rustic wedding and are looking at vineyards and restored barns/lodges. I never imagined they'd be more expensive than traditional banquet halls (I am not a banquet hall person), but they seem to be!

Thanks again for the inside scoop :) 
  • My fiance and I are the same way, we did not want a banquet hall.  If you are planning a wedding in the not so busy busy summer wedding time they will rent you the Lodge for the night before so you can decorate.  The only reason they would not let you have it the night before is if they have it booked for the entire day before your scheduled wedding.

The pricing above is accurate and I booked this past November.  They do charge for an alcohol permit but you do not have to have a hired off-duty police officer,, so that saves ya a few dollars.

Nicole
  • Did you happen to decide how many hours you needed? I'm going to look at Happy Days this week for our wedding next year and I would love to know what an appropriate time frame is!
  • FLGrlNextDoorFLGrlNextDoor member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    If you have both your ceremony and reception, they require a 10 hour package. I am getting married there next August. we will be using the grounds from 1pm - 11pm.
  • I am looking into the venue this week for a winter 2016 wedding. Anyone who had theirs there I would love to talk to you more regarding the venue and who you used for catering, how much alcohol you brought, etc. I need the help :)
  • FLGrlNextDoorFLGrlNextDoor member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    I feel confident in our decision to have our wedding at Happy Days. We just hired Taste of Excellence for our summer 2015 wedding.  We were happy with our consultation and tasting experience. We are going the BBQ route and the food was delicious. 

I would also like to hear from brides who used Taste of Excellence and also interested in how much alcohol you purchased. We are having approximately 85 guests. 
  • I used the Days Inn and Suites Richfield, they had free shuttle service to the Happy Days Lodge.It was only 10 minutes from the Hotel. The rooms were updated and all the guests loved it. The rooms were reasonable for the Wedding Party. We stayed in the suite.

Call 330-659-6151 x 518

• I just started looking into renting Happy Days for our wedding in spring 2016. Venue looks perfect but seems prices have definitely gone up! $4,000 for a Saturday wedding...Anyone have tips/information about the set-up/clean up within the 10 hour time frame? Seems like it may be tough to get everything ready and torn down. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards