New Jersey

Photographers in NJ

I'm not the traditional ordinary bride and was wondering if anyone knew of a photographer that isn't the ordinary "Ok, ready smile" photographer? I posted previously asking about Sean Patrick Photography and they're style is what I'm looking for but on a cheaper scale because they are over my budget! Any recommendations are appreciated!! Thanks!

Re: Photographers in NJ

• We are using Tania Lezak.  I'm not sure exactly what your budget is, but she is very nice and low-key.
  • David E Starke rocks! You will love him- wonderful personality.Check out his web site
  • We are using Danny from Magical Touch Studios in Elmwood Park. He is sooo nice and very easy to work with!

• How much are you looking to spend?
    Anniversary
  • I've no idea how much he is, but I'm planning to hire Drew Noel, he's pretty offbeat from what I can tell but his work is awesome. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photographers-nj-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e59b2c6-32c4-4e48-8b65-6456064fce64Post:944e71b6-2429-4255-a647-d440d078cbc8">Re: Photographers in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Tania Lezak.  I'm not sure exactly what your budget is, but she is very nice and low-key.
    Posted by mercy4[/QUOTE]

I love Tania's work! We ended up going with Be Creative, but It was a hard decision.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photographers-nj-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e59b2c6-32c4-4e48-8b65-6456064fce64Post:f7ec8dbc-481a-48c9-bfc9-bb0dd0de0fcb">Re: Photographers in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photographers in NJ : I love Tania's work! We ended up going with Be Creative, but It was a hard decision.
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

<div>We must have similar taste!  By the way, we went with Bitcon -- thank you so much for the rec!</div>
  • You may struggle to find what you're looking for.  Sean Patrick is fairly modestly priced at $2-$3 thousand depending on what you get and I'm not sure you'll find any truly talented photographers for much less.

We used Robert Wayne Photography and really love his work.  I wouldn't say he's "edgy", but I wouldn't call him traditional, either.  We spent about $3k total but that included some really nice albums and parent books.  I think he has a disc-only package in the low $2k range.
  • When I saw the prices for Sean Patrick and for $3k you got him shooting and $2500 credit which barely paid for 1 photo album with 40-50 pics in it. That was all. He's awesome but I think there's other photographers out there that could do similar work for less or at least for that price get more. All the advice has been very helpful so far! At least I have other photographers to check out now! :)
  • We're using Alex Rodrigues from W8 photography.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I honestly don't really know how much photographers are, how much did everyone pay?
  • Check out DHM Photography.  I went to school with Dana and she has a really great eye.  I know she is lower than a lot of the other photographers out there, although I am not sure where she begins.

• edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photographers-nj-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e59b2c6-32c4-4e48-8b65-6456064fce64Post:c5ef2745-6d79-4190-a22d-01ff435d5c56">Re: Photographers in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I honestly don't really know how much photographers are, how much did everyone pay?
    Posted by plesnial[/QUOTE]

I'll second all of GolfChick's comments. 

We're also Robert Wayne Photography.  He's a la carte so all we've paid so far is $1900.  The disc is another $400 if all you want is the disc of images.  I'll tell you that he's the best photographer we were able to find that offers a disc-only package.  The disc, however, is free with the purchase of $1000 or more of albums, etc.  His albums are stunning and we think they're very reasonably priced.

So we'll probably spend about $3000 but that will include a high-end album, a pair of parent albums, the disc, and some enlargements.  I think it would be hard to find a truly professional photographer of good quality for less that that in this area.

BTW, he was specific in telling us that there are no limitations or even additional cost when it comes to album design or even how many images we can put in our album.

Now he may not be what you're looking for from a style perspective.  As GC said, I wouldn't consider him to be way out there, but there's nothing "traditional", or overly posed about his work, either.  His style is exactly what we were looking for.  That said, we really didn't like Sean Patrick's images very much.  It's a personal taste thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photographers-nj-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e59b2c6-32c4-4e48-8b65-6456064fce64Post:a19bfb10-ee31-4d86-a3d2-0fa0a2ab5162">Re: Photographers in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Danny from Magical Touch Studios in Elmwood Park. He is sooo nice and very easy to work with!
    Posted by irishangel0413[/QUOTE]
    We met with him and also found that he was nice, but his style was too traditional. Even the 'candid' shots seemed staged.<div>
    </div><div>We went with Ryon from RyoNo Photo. He's a young photographer who is on his way up, which is why his prices are still relatively low. The quality is amazing. We're paying $1600 for all-day coverage, 2 shooters, free engagement & all of the images on a disc. No album. We'll do that later. I'd imagine that his prices may have gone up by now, but I'd definitely contact him. </div>
  • We are using Rich Lavigne photography. He and his wife do fantastic work. Check out their website. We are paying around $3000. And it will be worth every penny!
  • We are using Alex Kaplan Photographers. www.twoweddingphotographers.com The packages are very reasonable. With tax, the package I'm getting (8 hours, two shooters, all edited images on HD dvd, online web album) is $1800, though he was running a 15% off all wedding packages deal and I got videography, as well, so we are paying $2900 after tax for both. I think the prices are so reasonable because he doesn't exclusively do weddings - he also does corporate and actor headshots.
  • We're using Brad Ross. Check out his work www.bradross.net. Packages start at 3400. To me photography was really important and the price was totally worth it. My engagement pics came our awesome too!
  • I also liked Sean Patrick, but it didn't work out for us, and I am using Stephanie Jones (www.stephaniejonesphotography.com). I love her work and hit it off with her at our first meeting.  She was more reasonably priced then Sean Patrick, and the album is included.  I loved the look of her albums too, they were a bit different then the standard ones you see everywhere.  We chose her most expensive package, and it was still cheaper than most of the others, and she has packages starting at or under $2000, depending on how many hours you want.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photographers-nj-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e59b2c6-32c4-4e48-8b65-6456064fce64Post:fa070c8a-cb70-425e-825c-fdcfb9742cdf">Re: Photographers in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also liked Sean Patrick, but it didn't work out for us, and I am using Stephanie Jones ( <a href="http://www.stephaniejonesphotography.com)." rel="nofollow">www.stephaniejonesphotography.com).</a> I love her work and hit it off with her at our first meeting.  She was more reasonably priced then Sean Patrick, and the album is included.  I loved the look of her albums too, they were a bit different then the standard ones you see everywhere.  We chose her most expensive package, and it was still cheaper than most of the others, and she has packages starting at or under $2000, depending on how many hours you want.
    Posted by 73jewels[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto all of this. </div>

• I'm using Jason Rhee, though I'm not sure you'd call him edgy
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Its a good thing I have alot of time to get a photographer! I didn't think this would be that hard but it's becoming more and more difficult!
  • Julian Ribinik has been amazing for us so far!!!
  • Artist European. Gerda is amazing but might be out of your $ range. Just remember, you can't retake the pictures, they are your memories on paper. Skimp somewhere else & splurge on the photographer ...
  • DIAN Photography.... They are edgy and different.  Never seen work like theirs....

www.dianphoto.com
  • I went with Dawn Joseph at http://www.DawnJosephPhotography.com. We had a consultation with her and just sent in our contract for a $2150 package. I think we got a deal. She's really talented. I picked her cause she's did a trash the dress session the next day and her fashion stuff Is unbelievable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards