Maine

complaint now with PIP!

I got married on 9/3/11

guess how many wedding photos I've seen from our photog?

zero.

yup. A friend of mine did them (she's a legit photog) and has shown me no photos. I feel like a brat demanding pictures since she insisted on doing them for free, but honestly, i'd rather have paid for them and be able to see them. I don't know what to do. I've emailed her and called her a combo of six times in two months. She keeps promising me they'll be done soon. Now she's just ignoring me. I'm super freaking frustrated. Just needed to vent that out I guess.

Re: complaint now with PIP!

• edited December 2011
    Ugh, that's annoying!  I am sorry you need to go through this.  I think it has been way too long, I mean I didn't get all my pictures but I've seen over 200 of them as preview.  I got married on 9/17. 
    Maybe you can ask if she can give you some of them becuase you need to print some out for the thank you cards/christmas cards (some excuses to use)?
  • edited December 2011
    That seriously sucks!! It can be so hard to do business with friends. We didn't get any previews but she was relatively quick about getting them to us. Two months is definitely too long to wait. And like jchow said, what if you need them for thank yous? Not right. And it's hard that she is ignoring you now too.

Not fun!! I hope that you get them soon! Maybe she is ignoring you because she's locked herself up to finish them? :)
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's crazy!

Keep at her, ask for what is done if she's still editing, and don't let it go.  I completely understand how hard it is when a vendor is a friend, but just be honest and direct with her.  If she's a professional, she should understand how important it is to be timely with pictures.

I'm guessing you didn't have a contract?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    If it makes you feel any better I was married on 9/4 and I've seen 5 pictures.  One of which was really a picture of the DJ (althugh I'm in there too) that our photographers posted the day after since it was a really cool shot and the other 4 pictures were becuase I reached out to them this week the shots we took with our "thank you" banner so we could work on our thank you cards.  I also inquired about the rest of our pictures because we have some Groupons we need to use for parent albums and I wanted to make sure we wouldn't run out of time.  I know it takes a lot of time post-wedding to edit the pictures so I didn't want to rush them. They were very gracious and said they had us slated for the second week in November.  I had no idea they even had a schedule, and your friend may too.  Reach out to her and ask if she has a timelie so you can plan thank you cards and/or albums for Christmas.  You can do it the right way and hopefully speed things up so you can see your pictures!  I know how you feel!!
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh, just re-read your post and realizing she's ignoring you.  That's just wrong.  I would still keep reaching out to her.
    Married 9.4.11
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i finally got her to show me 23 pictures after i left her a voicemail telling her i need to work on albums. i actually really want to get those done for christmas, and i need to make seperate ones for my dad, my mom, H's parents, and my grandmother. luckily i didn't need them for thank yous, i sent out ones I had already bought.

She originally told me it would just be a month, so that's what's also bugging me. I understand people get behind schedule, but I've had to basically harrass her (in the most polite way possible) to get even 23 pictures so far.

Thanks for the sympathetic ears ladies. I really appreciate being able to vent to people who understand.

this is me and my son who was 8 and a half months old at the time. not sure why my eye makeup looks so dark.

if you happen to want to see more, PM me and I'll give you my for realz name and we can be friends on facebook.
  • edited December 2011
    These came out beautiful!  I love your dress!  And I love the one with you and yoru son - precious!  Are you at least happy with the ones you've seen?  Any timeframe for the rest of them?  This is pretty much the only picture we've had to look at.  I am sooooooooooo anxious to see the rest.  I know you must be too!  23 pictures would hold me over for a little bit, but not too long. 

Married 9.4.11
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! that is sooooo cute!!

no timeframe, but i love the ones she's shown me so far. i'll leave her alone for about a week. i really wanted them for my photo books for christmas
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards