Texas-Houston
Options

No longer a Bridesmaid. What to do with my sister?

So, my sister is officially out of my wedding party. She is upset about it, but she can get over it. I still want her to be a part of my wedding though. I have been trying to brainstorm ideas as to what she can do, but I am drawing a blank.

Can you ladies help me think of something so that she can be an active member of the wedding? I still have the same concerns as before in reference to her dependability, so no crucial positions such as Day-Of-Coordinator, but I want her to feel like I do want her there.

Any and all suggestions/opinions will be appreciated!
And now we are as one
Married February 20, 2011

Re: No longer a Bridesmaid. What to do with my sister?

• Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could have her do a reading (if you're doing that kind of wedding), she could hand out programs or man the guestbook. 

118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ugh I'm having the same problem with my fiance's sister. I guess she assumed she was going to be a bm.... now it's turned into a stand-off and she's threatened not to let her boys be our ring bearers! 

here's some ideas:
    guest book attendant
    gift table attendant
    MC
    cake cutter
    greeter
    pass out programs

we're having family walk down the isle... grandparents and parents. my brothers are both groomsmen, so we decided to have her and her husband walk down with gparents and parents.

Anniversary
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have her give out favors or programs
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i had my older sister and SIL do readings (i only had a matron of honor - my younger sister - and no BMs). since my flower girls were so young (ages 2 and 3), i had my kid sister and equally-young BIL "guide" the flower girls down the aisle.  My sisters' and SIL's husbands were ushers. So everyone had a role. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards