Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Groom gift for day of the wedding

I want to get my fiance a gift for our wedding day i dont know what to get him! what are you ladies getting your men and any suggestions??? our wedding is 10-02-10! 10 days

Re: Groom gift for day of the wedding

• We are getting tattoo's as our gift to each other.  We both have wanted second one's for awhile and felt this was a perfect time to do it.
  • We kinda ran out of money, so we did not get each other anything. We splurged on our HM, so that was our gift to each other.
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    I was going to get my FI season tickets for the Bills, but decided to be more cost effective and get him a nice watch and have it engraved.
  • Soft Boudoir photos. I went back and forth, but decided I knew he would love it, and I'm happy with my body. I wasn't expecting it to be as fun--or as liberating as it was. The hardest part is NOT telling him. I can't wait to give it to him.
  • I bought him tickets to a cpl of Cleveland Browns games!
  • We didn't do any gifts. We put a lot of money into our wedding and had a wonderful honeymoon. We were just happy to be married!
    Crosswalk
  • I got DH a fossil watch he'd been wanting for quite a while.
    He got me the big pink gemstone ring that I'd wanted forever.

The gifts to each other came out of our own money not money we'd set aside/budgetted for our wedding.
    imageAnniversary
  • My FI is a hunter and a shooter. I'll be getting him some bullet cufflinks I found on Etsy. These, I'll give to him the night before.
  • We consider our rings to be our gifts to each other.
  • We agreed not to get each other wedding gifts, and to spend that money on the honeymoon. 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I'm getting him a customized authentic Ravens jersey with his last name on it, and one for me with my new last name on it. He already knows. I told him before we got engaged. He's excited. I'm getting jewelry. I'm excited too.
  • Since our wedding is at the end of January we decided our Christmas gifts would double as our wedding gifts.  So I am getting him cuff links made out of the old bleachers from Wrigley Field (hes a huge cubs fan) and I think he is getting me the perfume I'll wear at the wedding and  set of earrings that match my e-ring.  Unfortunately its not much surprise, but we live together and our money is combined, so we discussed it :-) 
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards