New York-Western

Pictures at First Niagara

Hi all,
Has anyone done pictures at First Niagara arena? We are huge Sabres fans and would love to do our pics there! We are getting married in April and the reception is at Pearl Street so it could work, plus the Sabres are out of town. I know I saw someone on this site post a link to their photographer and there were pics from in the arena! If anyone knows who to contact or how to make it work, my fiance and I would be forever grateful!!!
Thanks!

Re: Pictures at First Niagara

• MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012

Hi there!  Those were my photos! :)  We had our photos in the arena because our reception was at the Harbour Club inside the arena and luckily, we have connections to Sabres Management.  They normally don't allow anyone to access the seats or rink, even if you have your reception at the Harbour Club (the Harbour Club is owned by Delaware North, and although they work closely with the Sabres organization, they are not affiliated).  They keep all of the lights off in the rink area and it's actually quite a process to turn them on.  We had someone from that department come in, they turned them on when we arrived approximately one hour before our reception, and it took about 25 minutes for the lights and jumbotron to warm up and turn on!  I suppose you could try contacting the arena, but I know it's not common practice.

8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • try contacting the arena....like PP said, it is a large process to make it happen.  when in april??  if its playoff time, it might work.  last year, we were there for one of the 'watch parties' (where they open the arena for free to the public to watch on the screens), and there was a bridal party that came in and did photos! =)
  • There are definitely cool spots around the outside of the arena if you wanted to head over there. You could grab a couple shots out front (if you can't get in) and then walk around the neighborhood.

We happened to get lucky for this e session, it was the day after Halloween and they were having a kids skate. All of the shoots were taken around the arena in the Cobblestone area.

Here are more pics taken by the bar, Cobblestone and then a reception at Pearl St.

So anyways.... it's definitely worth it to go down there if old city pictures are your style. Plus there is a ton of around Pearl St that is in walkning distance.
    I am a former bride and a current wedding photographer. A lover of all things Buffalo. And I'm full of wedding info!
  • We have already contacted the Arena regarding both having a wedding ceremony there and/or pictures and they do not allow either due to the cost of turning on lights and air conditioning etc. We are planning to have engagement photos taken during a Sabres hockey game and then wedding photos taken around the outside of the Arena.
  • Hi! I just called last week about this after my photographer called in a request to a contact there and was told absolutely not allowed. We're planning on doing ours out front and in the plaza area around the side where the Sabres do the Party in the Plaza events.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards