South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Bachelorette Party ideas needed!!

Hi! I'm planning my friend's Bachelorette party, which will be held in Charleston, from afar. I don't know a thing about the city. Help! Where is a good place for a Bachelorette party?? Can you recommend any fun activities?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Bachelorette Party ideas needed!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you be more specific as to what y'all are looking to do? Are you wanting to go out to bars or are you looking for something more relaxing? This will help us give some better suggestions.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, a little more information will be helpful. 

We held my bachelorette at California Dreaming, a restaurant on the water near downtown.  Their drinks are $1.95 all day, but we only paid for our first round! ;)

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're really down for anything.. but would like to lean more towards the bar scene.. somewhere lively.. perhaps an area where there's a bunch of different bars/clubs in one place? We'd even consider a booze cruise or something along those lines. The bride requests no strippers, but it's not necessarily out of the question.. hah!

Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would highly recommend East Bay Street. There are TONS of bars...some of my favs include Pearlz (with their famous oyster shot), The Brick, The Vendue Inn has a nice rooftop bar that is really fun too. If you like dancing the restaurant Tsunamis turns into a huge dance party after hours. If you like dive bars...Big Johns is also on East Bay...they have an awesome band on saturday nights...and I know The Brick has a band every saturday night also so they will definately be lively places to be.

Market Street is also nearby...and some fun places to go include Henrys, Mad River (if you are into the clubbing kind of scene) and Aromas.

A place that would be fun to start out at (think classier fun cocktails) is a restaurant called Cypress. they have amazing drinks and apps.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, if you want the bar scene then definitely stick with East Bay Street.  Also, there's Market Street Saloon on the corner of East Bay and Market.  It's a Coyote Ugly type bar.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with everyone else on East Bay Street. That's definitely where most of the bars are. Some others to add to the list are Wet Willie's- for frozen drinks. 1 call-a-cab and y'all should be good for the night. There's also Club Light. As a bachelorette party, you have to hit up Market Street Saloon. It's cheesy, but they will definitely call the bride and her wedding party up on the bar and make a big deal out of it.

Something else that could be fun and a little more low key is a place called Bottles n' Brushes. There's one in Mt. Pleasant and one in Summerville (Mt. Pleasant is only about 10-15 minutes from downtown). You can bring your own beer or wine, or buy there, and they have a class where you paint. You can even book a private party there.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards