Wisconsin

Vendor Reviews - Delafield/Waukesha Wedding

I always found the vendor reviews on this board helpful, so I thought I would share mine.  We were married on November 7th in Delafield. 

Church:

Noble Chapel at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy – A

The facility is classic and gorgeous. We were able to decorate on Friday before our rehearsal.  Pastor Paul Jefferies (the campus Chaplain) performed our ceremony and he is great.  He ran our rehearsal flawlessly and gave a great sermon during the service.  Dr. Dale Kastberg played piano beautifully. Reception:Delafield Brewhaus – ATricia is the banquet manager at the Brewhaus and she did a great job helping us develop a menu that suited our more casual reception.  The servers were friendly and always checking to make sure that we had everything we needed.  We had a small reception (approx. 80 people) and the room set up was perfect – didn’t feel too big or too crowded. Alterations:Caron’s Bridal Alterations – A+Like others, I had heard mixed reviews about Caron.  I had my dress shortened and a 10 point bustle put on.  The length was perfect and my bustle held all night, even though it was stepped on many times and I danced for hours with it.  My mother in law and two bridesmaids had their dresses done by Caron as well and the results were perfect.  She was reasonable, friendly and even made a last minute alteration for one of my bridesmaids. Flowers:Waukesha Floral – AWe only did bouquets and corsages, but they were beautiful.  Mary Jo was very good at helping us choose colors that would match the bridesmaids deep red dresses.  The fall colors she used popped in our pictures. Pre-Wedding Hotel:Delafield Hotel – AWe had the Wing Suite on the 2nd floor of the hotel so that the guys had one wing and the girls had the other.  The two wings were connected by a living area with a large television, couch and dining table.  This worked out great since we had our first look session at the hotel prior to our ceremony.  My husband and I stayed at the hotel that evening and all I can say is I want one of those showers in my house! Photographer:Kyla Schuttemeier – AKyla arrived early, was friendly, flexible and made everyone feel at ease.  She arranged our first look session and was very accommodating of all of our specific photo requests.  We haven’t received our professional pictures back yet, but the previews we have seen are awesome. DJAll Star Music (Craig Krueger) – A++Craig is awesome.  He was friendly, professional and met every request we had.  We are still receiving compliments about Craig.  He was reasonably priced, has online music selection and is quick to respond to any questions you may have. TuxesMens Wearhouse (Brookfield Fashion Center) – A-We had 5 guys and my two sons (age 9) in tuxes from Mens Wearhouse.  The tuxes were available for pick up on the Tuesday before the wedding and required very minimal changes.  They were clean, in good condition and exactly as we ordered them.  The only reason I give them an A- is that my dad had to go in and get measured twice because they lost his measurements the first time.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks and good luck!

Re: Vendor Reviews - Delafield/Waukesha Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Sounds wonderful! :)

I am also getting married at St. John's Miltary Academy in July 2010.  Paul Jefferies is also doing our ceremony.  Right now I am very unsure about what to do for music.  I see you had someone play the piano.  It looks like we will be using their sound system, but I am a little uneasy because I haven't heard it yet and I don't know how easy it will be to use.   Did you use the little room in the basement to get ready it?? 

Any tips or helpful info about St. John's would be great! Thanks!  
  • mattnzachsmommattnzachsmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't use the room downstairs to get ready because we had pre-wedding pictures at the Delafield Hotel which is right down the street.  Rev. Jefferies did a great job keeping everything and everyone on time and looking great on our wedding day.  He also has a lot of great tips for the wedding party when it comes to standing up front.  I think you will be very pleased with him.  Just be prepared that it is a school, and even in the summer there are programs going on.  As we were waiting to start the ceremony, the boys were practicing drills and formations.  It didn't bother me, but some may find it distracting.

I had Dale Kastberg as our musician.  He has played thousands of times at the Chapel and is familiar with the piano, organ and sound system.  I highly recommend him.  Let me know if you want his contact information. 

• edited December 2011
    What cake vendor did you use?  And would you recommend it?
  • Rachoner5Rachoner5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at St. John's as well. our reception is at the Legends of wales. We thinkg were gonna board everyone at the Delafield hotel. I'm so excited for the venues. absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
  • We are thinking of getting married at St Johns and waiting on a call back. Can you tell me how much the rental is? Also my cousin is a minister, wound they let him perform the ceremony.

We are also probably doing the Brewhaus and Delafield Inn.

I know your wedding was a while ago, hope you see this
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards