April 2013 Weddings

The KNOT RSVP major problem...

Hey ladies.
The RSVP page isn't working for the majority of my guests. It takes them instead to a page to get them to make their own wedding website. I need to fix this ASAP. Does anyone know who I could talk to for help from the knot on this?

ox
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The KNOT RSVP major problem...

• I have no idea how to fix it. TK ALWAYS has IT issues, so I would not trust it for anything. Ask your guests to RSVP to you instead.
  • I would arrange an alternative method for collecting RSVPs. The thing on The Knot is notorious for having issues. I don't know if there's anything anyone will or can do about it.
  • Ewww. I wish I knew that ahead of time. I never would have chosen to use them as my only rsvp method.

Alright, I'll figure this out. My guest list is only 100ppl so worst case I shall just get in touch with 50 ppl and be all set.

Thanks!
  • edited February 2013
    Oh man that sucks! We asked out guests to RSVP there too, I haven't heard of any issues though. We also provided an email to RSVP to as well.

Anniversary
  • Yeah, it looked kinda sketch when we were messing with our wedding website. Can you edit that page and explain the situation and ask people to call or email you? Or maybe hide the "RSVP" page if it won't let you edit it, and then create a new page and label it "RSVP"?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_the-knot-rsvp-major-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:76e5529a-1be2-49ee-ad01-375cfb1587a5Post:246bc1f9-a957-4e76-b2a6-6ee8b579062d">The KNOT RSVP major problem...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies. The RSVP page isn't working for the majority of my guests. It takes them instead to a page to get them to make their own wedding website. I need to fix this ASAP. Does anyone know who I could talk to for help from the knot on this? ox
    Posted by jakigaudet[/QUOTE]
     <div>You can just set up a google doc that looks just like the KNOT's RSVP and link it on the website.  That is what I did instead of using their RSVP tool because I was worried about it not working.  If you want directions on how to do it inbox me.  It takes no time to set it up all you need is a google email address.</div>
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OKAY problem solved! The Knot was cool enough to get back to me and said my issue was that I had the RSVP as the first page of my website (i just figured it would make it super easy for ppl now that we are in rsvp mode) and it CAN'T be the first page. 

So so so strange. But I made it the second page and it is working fine again.

ox ladies!

• Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me..

Our wedding is on August 24th, and we are having an afterparty-brunch for which I created a RSVP but can't seem to post it on mywebsite?.. Any guidance or clues to post it would be great.  We are seding out our invites this week and need to resolve this ASAP! :)

THanks

• @mylainemageau, there's actually a board to post your tech problems - http://forums.theknot.com/categories/knottie-help

This board doesn't see much action anymore now that everyone is off doing married stuff.  You're probably better off asking this question on the Knottie Help board.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @mylainemageau you cannot have an RSVP for anything except your wedding on TK.
  • how you do that, because i am having trouble with the RSVP on the knot as well since some of my guest are not on list.
  • Yes can someone message me on how to link a google doc to the RSVP page so people can respond that way? Thx!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards