South Asian Weddings
Options

Hi All!!

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile, but work had gotten super busy and the rest of the time I have been just reading alot!!!  Since there is a long weekend coming up, I am not really into working, I just thought to say hello to all and see how everyone's doing??  Any big plans for the weekend? 

Nothing going on my end, talked to FI on Tuesday.  He is in Venezuela and he called to say that they are heading to China and to Korea (North or South, IDK) so I won't get to talk to him for a good long while....:( 

I am thinking about buying an IPAD this weekend, I am excited!!! Anyone have one?  I only played with it a while back.... 

Re: Hi All!!

• Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww missed you Hina!

What were you reading...school books or novels for fun... I need some ideas for a novel to read...I want to read twilight...is it good?

:( you won't be able to talk to FI for some time....keep yourself busy...and chat with us girls :)

No I don't have an ipad...I don't even have an iphone...but I want one...
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back Hina!  I don't have an iPad, but DH has an iPhone, I'm waiting until all the bugs get sorted out, and they keep going from 3g to 4g networks etc, I don't have a data plan on my old Jurassic phone, and I don't want one!  Paying $30 month for a phone is way better than a $75 plan per month!

Keep yourself busy :)  Talk with us, share your ideas, on aspects of your wedding :)  We want to know, and help!

I was looking at some of the other cultural boards, and posts haven't been replied to in days!! Lots of days that are turning into months!!

I've been trying to figure out how to take macro pictures with my DSLR camera... I'm building up another wedding book (inkubook.com), with all of the events besides the wedding in it... so I'm trying to take some details that were missed, like super close ups of my outfits etc...

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Hina! Welcome back!

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to speak to you FI for a while. Does that mean no emails as well? I don't know how you do it! I can barely go a day without talking to my FI. But then again we work at the same company so there is always some sort of communication going back and forth. Oops. :)

What have you been reading? Anything fun?

@ MrsBM: I read all the Twilight books last year. They are addicting. Cheesey, yes, but easy to get lost in and get sucked into wanting to read them all. I am glad I read them all after they had all come out. I am not sure I would have done well waiting for the next book to be released.

Right now I'm reading the 9th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series (the books the show True Blood is based off of.) I guess I am on a vampire kick, but I've never watched the show.

I don't have an ipad, but it does look like a lot of fun!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi again,

MrsBM, Actually I am mostly reading novels, romance, mysteries, etc etc...Twilight is something I haven't read, there is so much hype around it that it made me not want to read the series, but I have a copy of it somewhere in a box.  I just finished Lost Symbol by Dan Brown last week and it was pretty good, really made me want to visit D.C. and see it, the whole book took place there.  Made me want to visit as well.  Also, I was reading Midnight Children as well last week, it was okay...

I ordered the IPAD this weekend, I will let you guys know how it is once I get it. 

Well FI asked me to write him everyday but he said he wasn't going to get time to write, and so far I haven't heard from him, and I waited all weekend that he might write, so I didn't write to him, so I am just going to send him an email to him today.

Also, I signed up for adult swimming classes that start next week, and seriously I am afraid I won't be able to float, I started going to the gym and the trainer showed me how to use the weights and stuff and seriously I learned that I have no upper body strength at all!!!  My arms were hurting all yesterday and still today:( 

KP - since the weding has moved so far away that I haven't really thought about planning of it recently, but I am going to go back to it soon and present you guys with my ideas.  Hopefully soon!!

Raangoli - Lucky you!!!  Although, I wouldn't need him to be working together, because seriously we have been separated for so long its odd for us to adjust living together....it really takes us awhile to settle in with each other....LOL.  It would just be nice to be living together.  lol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards