Iowa-Des Moines

I need registry help!

Any ideas on where to register? I was dead set on bed bath and beyond, but what is everyone's experiences with them? I've heard good and bad! And then I'd like a 2nd place to register, but I haven't heard good things about Target. So I was considering Younkers, Dillards, or Kohls. Any advice?? Thanks, Ladies! 

Re: I need registry help!

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Love BB&B, I think you should do a couple of different places to reach a wide number of people on your guest list.

I'm doing, BB&B, Target, & Kohls. My MOH really wants me to do Yonkers, but I haven't set foot in a Yonkers in 5 years so I don't see that working for me.

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    I was figuring on Target and Younkers or BBB. It's probably best for you to just pick the places where you want more stuff from!
  • edited December 2011
    Dillards and Younkers it is for me!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Target and Pampered Chef!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did BBB & Target. While we ended up being ok, I think Target has some stupid policies, especially with registry items. I think we ended going on the last possible day to return things from the registry w/o a gift receipt (maybe 30 or 60 days?).   Hardly anyone got us anything from BBB though.  As a guest, Target would be my preferred registry location to buy a gift from.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing Target and Dillards as well as Papered Chef for the bridal shower since my aunt used to sell it and still knows a lot of people.  I have known people to do BB&B, but I just don't like to shop there a lot myself.  We are going with Dillards because of the variety of things and Target because they are all over the place and easy for people to go to. 
    Anniversary
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're planning on BBB and Williams Sonoma.  We were going to go with Target but I have heard a lot of bad things about their return & exchange policies.  I've only heard great things about BBB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I never thought of pamperd chef! that's a great idea. Do you have to get hooked up with a consultant, or do you just do everything online? Also, what's the benefit of doing more than one registry? I feel like one store will have everything we need...does it not? And, if we register for plates and silverware at one store, we should make a point to not do it at the other store we decide to register at, right? It shouldn't be that hard, but I think I am making this too confusing! haha Thanks everyone :)
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

IMO the reason to do a couple of different places is because you might have some guests that only want to go to Target, or only want to go to BB&B. This way you get a wider range of places and prices.

Also if you do get plates lets say at BB&B, then I wouldn't put them on the list anywhere else.

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • jesst32jesst32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always been told to do a couple of different stores in case a guest doesn't live near one. I've also been told that it's better to do national chains then local ones. I'm pretty sure we are doing Kohl's, BB&B, and Target!
  • I have registered with Our wishing well. I enjoyed their services. We have created our own wedding website there and put all the registry information on that. There are  many gift options available for every need. And the best thing is as it is an online gift registry we could access it easily and from anywhere. I suggest you to go for an online gift registry. These registries provide us many benefits and make the work easy and stress free.

• Register wherever you like the merchandise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards