Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

low-cost venue in Exton area?

ok, I am having a terrible time finding a reasonably-priced venue in the Exton/KOP area!  Our budget is only $10-12,000 so we can't afford these venues that charge $2-3,000 just to rent a ceremony site, let alone reception costs! Yikes!

I am not from that area, so I don't know what to look for other than what I find online.  Anyone able to give me some suggestions of places that are off the beaten path perhaps?

Daughter is interested in maybe a historical site (which usually means $$$$), maybe a rustic barn...any thoughts?

Re: low-cost venue in Exton area?

• mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people?  10-12K for the whole wedding or the venue?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    If you can handle it not being necessarily exton, the Stone Barn in Kennett is gorgeous and right in your ballpark. It's historical, has yummy food, and has a lot included.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG "paprika"!!  That place is awesome!!  THANKS! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    No problem! If you ever want to try their food before signing anything, the brunches up there are delicious. Slightly pricey for my taste, but so worth it. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Depending on the number of people you have invited, check out The General Warren Inn in Malvern...I think their max. for a sit down is ~140. They also have pretty outdoor spaces for the ceremony....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards