Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Bachelorette (Vent)

I was just curious as to how involved you are when planning your Bachelorette Party?  I thought I was supposed to give some suggestions as to what I wanted to do.  So I gave 3 options, that were fairly similiar with a few variations.  Then my maid of honor said, are you planning this?  I was a little taken back.  Then she stated something like, I guess that is not what I envisioned and I wish you would trust us to plan it.  At the same time she said, we want you to have fun and want to do something you want to do and you only get married once and if you plan it it takes the surprise out of it.  I guess I thought making a few suggestions, was not a big deal, maybe I am wrong.  Although, I am almost positive she said you need to tell us what you want to do, that is what I did.  

Thanks for letting me vent!    

Re: Bachelorette (Vent)

• Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I understand that you might have some vision for how you want the event to look or feel.  And it is fine to come on here and vent a little.

Usually the bride can offer help with the guest list and make some requests like: I want to hit the town or keep it low key or no strippers or lots of hot strippers....  But generally, your MOH and anyone from your bridal party that she enlists get to plan it.  It is supposed to be a fun event that they plan and surprise you with.  Just for perspective, some brides' attendants don't even organize a bachelorette party.  

Know that they want you to have fun; trust in your friends!

• Options
    I didn't have a single ounce of say in mine and my BM's did a great job.  I think it is fine to give a general idea to them of how you'd like it to go but not any farther than that.  For instance, you could say "I'm really not a drunken partier so I'd have the most fun if we skipped the bar crawl" or something like that.  Let them do this for you, be gracious and surprised when the day comes, and have a blast.
  • Options

I told my MOH what I want.  There is nothing wrong with giving suggestions.  You do only get one bachelorette party, I really think whoever hosts it should take what you want seriously.  I was VERY insistant that there be no checklists or games once we go out to the bars. 
    I also said my preferences for my shower. 

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    saric83saric83 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    You should only be as involved as the host wants you to be. : )  If she asked for your suggestions, there's nothing wrong with offering them.  But then you have to let them take it from there! 
  • Options
    Hi,
    Traditionally the maid of honor and wedding party plan the bachelorette party. These days, with out traditional standards for weddings there can be a lot of confusion. I see the bride is often the one who gets the backlash when her party is unorganized at plans. I hate to see the bride stuck in the middle of drama so I created a service for brides. I sit with the bride, discuss all the small and large situations in her wedding plans that are causing her stress, then solve those problems by speaking with the people that contribute to them. I advacate and speak on the Bride's behalf. Let me know if you want my help.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bachelorette-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:89a79364-0a01-4cdf-b2de-3ed29ee303abPost:09aa105a-025f-4a67-94a8-b50610806b22">Bachelorette (Vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just curious as to how involved you are when planning your Bachelorette Party?  I thought I was supposed to give some suggestions as to what I wanted to do.  So I gave 3 options, that were fairly similiar with a few variations.  Then my maid of honor said, are you planning this?  I was a little taken back.  Then she stated something like, I guess that is not what I envisioned and I wish you would trust us to plan it.  At the same time she said, we want you to have fun and want to do something you want to do and you only get married once and if you plan it it takes the surprise out of it.  I guess I thought making a few suggestions, was not a big deal, maybe I am wrong.  Although, I am almost positive she said you need to tell us what you want to do, that is what I did.   Thanks for letting me vent!    
    Posted by angelajtmn[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Just an FYI - advertising for your own business is against the Knot's policy. You've been reported.
  • Options
    Dramastopper - reported.
  • Options
    Did I post something that was not ok?  I am so sorry!  Or did I miss something?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bachelorette-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:89a79364-0a01-4cdf-b2de-3ed29ee303abPost:331df894-c547-400c-bcfe-7a1cd2bf0dd5">Re: Bachelorette (Vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did I post something that was not ok?  I am so sorry!  Or did I miss something?
    Posted by angelajtmn[/QUOTE]

Nope - you're good!  Some vendor was posting on here about her conflict resolution business which is absolutely NOT okay by Knot rules.  She got reported. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards