April 2012 Weddings

What are your ceremony songs?

Hello! I'm wondering what everyone is using for the ceremony music.
My wedding will be outdoor.
Seating of the parents/grandparents - Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring
Bridal Party - need suggestions!
Me - Canon in D

Re: What are your ceremony songs?

• Prelude/Seating of Parents: Claire de Lun & One Hand, One Heart (from West Side Story)
    Processional (BM's and me): a really unique (and band-geeky) version of Canon in D
    Recessional: Eclipse (All Your's) by Metric
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Prelude Music (when guests are arriving/being seated): Vitamin String Quartet versions of "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional, "Your Song" by Elton John, "Dare You to Move" by Switchfoot, and "Wonderwall" by Oasis. 

Seating of the Mothers- "Jupiter" by Holst
    Processional (for my BMs, then me)- "Appalachian Spring (Simple Gifts)-Copland
    Recessional- "Arrival of the Queen of Sheba"-Handel 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited January 2012
    I think I've decided on processional song as "O'er the Moor and Among the Heather" by Seven Nations (a band I've been following for over 10 years): 

and for the recessional "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. I played these for my sister and niece today, along with some others I had considered, and we agreed on all these. 

Outdoor wedding and the aisle/deck only takes 52 secs to walk down. That's including two steps and walking slow. Fiance' wanted "Canon in D" traditional but it's just not me and not what I want to walk down to. Plus it's looooooooong. 

I'm also going to play Eva Cassidy singing "Songbird" during the ceremony. 
    Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • seating of the mothers : Bach- Arioso 
    Bridal Party Entrance : Jesu, Joy of Mans desiring
    Bridal Entrance : Trumpet Voluntary
    Recessional :  la rejouissance - music for the royal fireworks
    Photobucket
  • Seating of mothers: Air from water music (Handel)
    BM processional: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (Bach)
    Bridal entrance: Canon in D (Pachelbel)
    Recessional: Rigaudon (Campra)
  • Still trying to figure most of it out, but here's what we have so far:

Seating of the mothers: Somewhere over the rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version)
    WP entrance: Marry Me (Train)
    Bridal entrance: Bridal March (Jonathan Cain piano version...if you haven't heard it, youtube it.  It's amazing)

I have no idea what our recessional will be. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Oh that O'er the moor and Among the Heather song is very nice!  You might like any of the songs off the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack, esp Romantic Flight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9TanR_3M0o
    I'm having an outdoor wedding, so I'm looking for guitar versions or string quartet versions of songs that are more upbeat than normal, but still classical sounding if that makes sense.  It's not going to be formal or casual, but somewhere in between!
  • Let's see... I haven't timed these out...will  do this week:

Processional:  You're All I Need to Get By by Aretha Franklin (I'd really love to come in on the end of the song, actually)

Bridal Entrance (alt) - Songbird by Eva Cassidy

Recessional:  Love Song by Jesse J OR Harry Connick Jr. "Just Kiss Me"...
    subject to change, right!?
  • Processional: Canon in D Pachelbel performed by the London Symphony Orchestra
    Bridal Entrance: Bridal March by Johnathan Cain from Journey
    Recessional: Smile by Uncle Kracker
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_ceremony-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:76e757c8-5d22-4db7-a211-364c971abe57Post:5956decd-b0c9-4964-a355-20da5d12ea9f">Re: What are your ceremony songs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bridal Entrance (alt) - Songbird by Eva Cassidy /Posted by theatretwin[/QUOTE]

I love her! I took the 3:44 version of it and cut out the middle guitar solo on my computer. It's about 2:30 now, so not too long for us to stand there and stare at each other ;)

I'm probably going to bawl my eyes out when it's playing. I almost do whenever I hear it, anyway. Her "Over the Rainbow" is also a favorite.
    Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_ceremony-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:76e757c8-5d22-4db7-a211-364c971abe57Post:2f4611a5-e5d6-4e51-8f0e-aa302a3bbc2c">Re: What are your ceremony songs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]seating of the mothers : Bach- Arioso  Bridal Party Entrance : Jesu, Joy of Mans desiring Bridal Entrance : Trumpet Voluntary <strong>Recessional :  la rejouissance - music for the royal fireworks</strong>
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG I listened to this and it's amazing! WHY <em>now</em> do I find an awesome recessional song?!?!?! We had the hardest time findng something. FMIL made all kinds of suggestions that were too "stuffy" and formal sounding, so we went with something that I just sort of could stand, but this is awesome! </div><div>
    </div><div>I already gave the pastor a CD with our songs, so I'm afraid of being a PITA if I ask to change it...haha. He liked the Queen of Sheeba song, and they are both Handel, so maybe he won't mind? Maybe I will ask him...haha </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards