Virginia

Need serious venue help!!

I'm having a horrible time finding a venue that's in our price range and I'm afraid if we wait much longer everything is going to be booked for the dates we want :( the main things we want is to have both the ceremony and reception at the same place and preferably to be able to stay at the venue as well. I'd REALLY love it to be on the water somewhere but not sure that's going to happen. Our budget is only $15k, which apparently is a small budget in comparison to most weddings. We're looking for October 2011...any suggestions would help!!
Jess www.JessCantCook.com

Re: Need serious venue help!!

• edited December 2011
    Hey Girl,
    My cousin had the same problem with her wedding budget and she found this awesome  company in virginia beach that saved the day. I believe that she got the venue, catering, photogrpaher, and all the wedding people thru them.

thier website is www.primoevents.net

Good luck:)
  • edited December 2011
    I hear you on expensive venues. We had a hard time with that as well. A lot of the venues charge an arm and a leg.

We worked out a $35 pp deal with the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside, but imo the 'waterside' view isn't the best.

Another budget friendly option is the Barclay resort hotel at the Virginia Beach oceanfront. The Friday night food minimum is just 2000 and there is a small room for the ceremony as well (seats 120) or you could have it on the beach if you wanted. They have a lot of dishes in the $20-25 range, so it's very affordable for catering.
    Here's their site.
    http://www.vbhotels.com/barclay/
  • edited December 2011
    You should DEFINITELY call The Yacht Club at Marina Shores... they have a package deal with catering, cake, flowers, EVERYTHING for like $6k and the venue is beautiful. We went to their open house and it was incredible.
    We decided to go with the VB Resort Hotel (which is right down the street, also really nice, but not as good of a price) because we have a lot of out of town guests, but if that is not the case you should definitely call them. I think the coordinator's name is Sue.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't  know where you are looking at having it,  but we are getting married at the Kiln Creek Country Club.  Because we are having an earlier wedding (from noon-4pm) the food minimum is not being charged.  And we are having a 3 meat, 4 side buffet @ $17.60 per person.  Our ceremony will be outside (they have a covered pavilion or they have one uncovered) and our reception in the clubhouse ballroom, which is literally right around the corner.  Of course, that price includes linens, china, centerpieces, cake cutting, and some other stuff.

http://www.kilncreekgolf.com/Kiln_Creek_Banquet_Menu.pdf

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Botanical Gardens! We have Baker Hall.
  • elmorealelmoreal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Clover Forest and I would suggest a planner it may seem like the cost is scary up front but they can lead in the right path and get your bang for your buck !!! I am using CCS events in Richmond and she is keeping me straight on my budget and she only shows you places that you can afford and are what you were looking for in a venue!!!
  • edited December 2011

Hi Girl,  Try these people because it sounds like it's exactly what you are looking for... www.primoevents.net
    They will work with your budget and offer different wedding pacakges

Good Luck, SFemia:)

• edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so much for the suggestions!
    Jess www.JessCantCook.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards