Canada

London/St.Thomas Ontario Brides

Any other brides in this area on the boards?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: London/St.Thomas Ontario Brides

• punky4711punky4711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im from Chatham Ontario ! !
  • edited December 2011
    Right on!!  When's your big day?!?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Wilkesport!  (Between Chatham and Sarnia)!  But I'm living in Japan right now, and moving to Peterborough, and getting married in NY state. 

The only local (London-area) vendor I got was my photographer because she can travel.  :)

I kinda miss home.  :(

Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • edited December 2011
    I'm originally from St. Thomas, Ontario but am living in Lethbridge, Alberta.  I miss home too.  What takes you so far from home??
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I currently live in London but we're getting married in Sarnia.
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_londonstthomas-ontario-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:326f9aa0-0a36-46be-8719-b6eb6697a677Post:89f7027b-1334-4c14-8275-de49bb659dd9">Re: London/St.Thomas Ontario Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm originally from St. Thomas, Ontario but am living in Lethbridge, Alberta.  I miss home too.  What takes you so far from home??
    Posted by smellymm83[/QUOTE]

Well, FI is an American and we know the immigration process is a b*tch, so we thought we'd get a head start on it.  We moved to Japan and got visas to teach English here and are living common-law.  After a year of common-law, we were able to start the immigration process for him to immigrate to Canada.  We couldn't have started it otherwise, until after we were married.  It would have been too difficult for FI to get a visa for Canada, whereas it was easy for both of us to get one for Japan.  Whew!  Long explanation.  The short explanation is--we're teaching English in Japan so we can live together and enjoy traveling!
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • edited December 2011
    Sarnia/Chatham Ladies - who are you having doing you catering? I need ideas, I'm getting married in Sombra next year!
  • taralynne85taralynne85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am outside Chatham but doing a destination wedding in Jamaica!!  Its next October and i cant wait.  Where did you girls get your dresses local?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RevangelRevangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Aylmer, but am living in London right now at my fiance's house (I'm going to school at Fanshawe). My ceremony will be in Aylmer (my church) and the reception will be in London. The distance still worries me, but it makes all parties happy so that's why we're doing it. Anyone thing they are too far apart.......for a winter wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from London, but live in Stratford now. We might get married in either place: still searching for the *perfect* venue.
    xo
  • echo136echo136 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    living in london and getting married in my home town east of Toronto
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards