Christian Weddings

Thursday QOTD

What are you thankful for this week?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thursday QOTD

• I am thankful to be house-sitting. We get a full week and a half in a nice warm, big, fully stocked house. :) With insulation. And a bathtub. :D
  • That Ezra is obviously too warm and cozy to want to be born??  :)  And that my husband is as impatient (sorry...excited) as I am for him to get here.  
  • SOOOO thankful for my husband. Something funky happened yesterday and my flash drive couldn't be read on any computer. As a graphic design/Web design student, this is panic-inducing. Especially considering that I had an illustration midterm I had already worked 4 hours on and I was less than 25 percent done with it. I was so upset, but DH found a free file recovery system and was up until 3:30 a.m. and found this particular project.

That being said, I will definitely be using Adobe Creative Cloud from now on ...
  • I'm thankful for new friends.  We've lived here almost a year and a half now, and I finally feel like I have my own social life, separate from my husband's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited October 2012
    I'm thankful that I finally downsized the wedding to make it more manageable. And thankful my family/friends are supportive of the decision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thankful for my sister giving me a reality check and for the chance for me to be really honest with my parents for the first time in two years.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am thankful for modern medicine. I had strep throat, but didn't realize it early in the game as I had just been recovering from a head cold, so had been coughing and assumed that was the cause of any throat irritations. Due to this fact it was able to get really bad, I was almost passing out at work while fighting a fever and my throat was so swollen I lost my voice when I went to the Dr. I've been on meds since last Sat and feeling night and day better now!!!!
  • It's not easy to pick just one!

Today, I'd have to say that I'm thankful for the internet. We found out yesterday that my 8 yo probably has dyslexia. I've spent almost every spare minute since then researching it on the internet. As much research as I do on my computer, my homepage really should be Google! Right now, I'm worn out and overwhelmed and happy to have other diversions for a little while.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_thursday-qotd-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2a58effd-a41a-435c-93e8-403dbf2fa3d2Post:2d81000b-998e-4701-b5e4-952568569af6">Re: Thursday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not easy to pick just one! Today, I'd have to say that I'm thankful for the internet. We found out yesterday that my 8 yo probably has dyslexia. I've spent almost every spare minute since then researching it on the internet. As much research as I do on my computer, my homepage really should be Google! Right now, I'm worn out and overwhelmed and happy to have other diversions for a little while.
    Posted by Julie2013[/QUOTE]
    <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:normal;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">I hope you child doesn’t have dyslexia but as someone who has a mild version of it but grew up with a mother who didn't learn how to read until she taught me, I know it can be challenging.  I hope you are able to find a way for the child to work with it.  Feel free to talk to me about it anytime (not that I am that knowledgeable.  I really have a very mild form. )</span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;"> </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">I am thankful for horses.  Every time I feel sad or down I know I can just go ridding and all of those thoughts just flow out of me.  I went ridding today and I feel so much better.</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_thursday-qotd-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2a58effd-a41a-435c-93e8-403dbf2fa3d2Post:3e017380-79ad-491e-acf2-0dd9cc0c5e11">Re: Thursday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday QOTD : I hope you child doesn’t have dyslexia but as someone who has a mild version of it but grew up with a mother who didn't learn how to read until she taught me, I know it can be challenging.  I hope you are able to find a way for the child to work with it.  Feel free to talk to me about it anytime (not that I am that knowledgeable.  I really have a very mild form. )   I am thankful for horses.  Every time I feel sad or down I know I can just go ridding and all of those thoughts just flow out of me.  I went ridding today and I feel so much better.  
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the encouraging words, ravenray. :)  Part of me hopes we've hit upon the answer to this mystery, but as a homeschooling mother, I'll admit this seems overwhelming. I feel confident that I have the patience and skill to teach him, but the curriculum is vastly more expensive. We may need to put him in public school due to expense alone! Did your mother have dyslexia, too? It's got a strong hereditary component according to all I've been reading.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • a day late but I am thankful that I have a wonnderful physical therapist who is working wonders on the trigger points in my neck muscles. We are thinking this is what has been causing my chronic headaches and migraines. Today was a "rough" session because I had a lot of trigger points and I was all most in tears on the table as she was working on me but I felt like a new person when I left the place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards