Maryland

Cecil County, anyone?

HI everyone!! 

I'm technically a "delaware" bride, but I'm looking to book a ceremony/reception site in maryland. 

The firehall that I'm looking at, is not very fancy, which I'm fine with.  Is anyone familiar with the Hacks Point Fire Company??

Do you think its too low budget to do the wedding there? It's not that i need a hall for only five hundred dollars.. But i like that its so plain, its SO close to the river with an amazing dock *which will make for fabulous pictures* and it's about mid way for all that have to travel.

I'd get my own linens, and decorate accordingly, of course, but, I feel like people will talk, you know?

Re: Cecil County, anyone?

• edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the Kitty Knight House or the Granary in Georgetown? Not too far past Hack's Point I don't think (they are 15 minutes south of the Chesapeake City bridge right on route 213) You have to check out The Granary's website for the banquet packages. The Granary is right on the water and the Kitty Knight is just up the hill. If you want to get away from the fire hall they could be a good option.
  • khewesmccoykhewesmccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I lived in earleville, which is "hacks point".

So, I've actually been to both of them. I really don't want to do the wedding in a restauraunt.
    We are going to a wedding at the kitty knighthouse next month, actually.
  • khewesmccoykhewesmccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh, and the only thing either of them have that is big enough for my wedding is outside...
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking in Cecil County, check out The Wellwood in Charlestown (www.wellwoodclub.com).  They do outdoor weddings right on the water, and their prices are all inclusive (rental fees, food, linens, taxes, gratuity, etc.).  We were looking into using them, but decided to go with a place closer to the rest of our family.
  • edited December 2011
    I am a Cecil County planner can help you getting some venues avaible if you would like that. The Wellwood its a great place to do it, as well as others, if you want you can call me, Kay 302.690.6634 I am available anytime until 7:00 pm from Monday to Fridays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards