Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

DJ Recommendations?

Looking for a good local DJ for my May 2011 wedding?  My fiance and I both love old school R&B and hip hop but we have a lot of out of town family that is big into country and so we need a DJ that is VERSATILE.  Any recommendations??

Re: DJ Recommendations?

• MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of brides on here have used Neon Express and have had great experiences with them (a couple have not though).  Personally, we have them booked for our wedding.

Another popular company is midwest sound and lights and instant request.  I'm sure any DJ should be able to be versatile and be able to play lots of music of varying genres.  
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to work for Midwest Sound; I think they're great.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Midwest Sound, Neon Express, Instant Request and Adagio are all popular on here. We went with Adagio and they played everything we wanted from salsa and merenge to polka and other dance faves. Everyone had a blast!
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Neon Express and have NO regrets. The only issue I've heard of other brides having with them is that some of their equipment is a little old and unreliable... but we got really lucky and didn't have a single issue with skipping or system shut-downs. Dave, the owner, was our DJ... and his music selection was really impeccable. He really understood our tastes.

• edited December 2011
    I am using Complete Music and Video (based out of South St. Paul).  I found them at a bridal show and they were the ONLY DJ company who didn't yack on and on about why they were aweesome but instead asked me what I wanted in a DJ and gave me the information I actually wanted without being ultra pushy.  They have a "Meet the DJ" night with free wine, beer and snacks where you get to talk to all the DJs and find someone who totally fits your style and preferences.  I have been really impressed so far and they have really made the experience about me and my fiance!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Music in Motion http://www.musicinmotiondj.com/
    They have offices in St. Cloud and Rochester but do weddings all over MN, and WI.
  • edited December 2011
    I booked Instant Request, was really impressed with their DJs at a friend's wedding. Can probably find cheaper but they're prices aren't too bad actually, we got them for about $600 for our April wedding. They said it was a "special discount" but I'm guessing that's probably the normal price lol..
  • brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Midwest Sound. We got a graet deal by booking them at a bridal show. Also they have their planning forms online and you get to pick all the music and events.
  • edited December 2011
    we used Nightlife DJs and they were great! Cheaap too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Ditto Complete Music.  My FSIL and FFIL recommended CM from a wedding that they saw them at.  We met with them this spring at LOVED them.  The guy we met with had FI and I laughing the whole time.  He was so great that we ended up booking him for our DJ even though he is a higher rate than the rest of the DJs they provide.  Their rate is about the same as all the other big companies in town.

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards