Canada-Ontario

Archeo

Hi Everyone!

Similar to my post about the Berkeley Church, just wondering if anyone has any reviews/cost per person for Archeo.  Thinking about a sit down dinner with 80-100 people.

Thanks!
Rebecca

Re: Archeo

• edited December 2011
    Hello

My fiance and I are having our wedding reception/dinner at Archeo in December.  They have the capacity for 118 people for a sit down dinner. 
    There is a minimum amount that you must spend no matter how many guests you have, and it varies by day of the week and time of year.  I have a list so if you tell me when you are getting married I can tell you what the minimum cost is. 
    The food is made by a professional in house executive chef.  There are different menus depending on how much you want to spend per person.  And food options vary by what's in season.  Also, if there is something specific you want to have, they can do it for you or they will consult someone who specializes in that particular food. 
    A friend of my fiance is also having her wedding at Archeo before us so I can let you know then how the food/venue is!
    If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the info. Danielle!  We were thinking of maybe doing both the ceremony and reception there, where are you having your ceremony?  I got the cost breakdown from the venue, but let me know the reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is going to be a St. Paul's Basilica.  So it's all very close and convenient!
    The wedding that we are gonig to in Sept, they are doing both ceremony and reception at Archeo. 
  • edited December 2011
    Great!  Be sure to give me a review after the wedding in Sept.!  Thanks again Danielle!

Two friend/family weddings coming up in the next couple of weekends, I'll be scoping things out!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at Archeo in June.

Our full quote including cocktails, dinner, open bar, a late night grilled cheese station, cake cutting and tea and coffee serivce, ceremony set-up on the patio for 118 people came to about $17,000 including taxes ($15 before hand, damn the tax man!)

For Toronto, it's pretty reasonable considering for the exact same meal and service (minus the grilled cheese) was going to cost me $26,000 before tax at Graydon Hall or Palais Royale.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Danielle,

Would you happen to know the buyout cost for an August Saturday or Sunday night wedding at Archeo?

I've been emailing them but no response, and i left a phone message but the co-ordinator hasn't gotten back to me.

Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Kimkimio,
    It's a $10,000 minimum for a Friday or Saturday in the summer and $5000 for Sundays. They don't respond very well to phone, but they get right back to you over email.

Cheers!
  • krisy82krisy82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi,
    would you happen to know the cost for archeo in may? (fri/sat/sun)
    thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards