Chit Chat

What's one appreciation you have since coupling with your SO?

Aside from not being alone...

I like that FI pays the household bills. I put money into account, he does too...he allocates it.

I used to stress over bills a lot, even if I had the funds just fine.

Re: What's one appreciation you have since coupling with your SO?

• Aside from not being alone...

I like that FI pays the household bills. I put money into account, he does too...he allocates it.

I used to stress over bills a lot, even if I had the funds just fine.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I don't have to cook anymore

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_whats-one-appreciation-you-have-since-coupling-with-your-so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4708ad02-7cdf-4904-a716-f8d32081612bPost:13f8e97d-4a2f-4ad5-9a6e-906021231eda">Re: What's one appreciation you have since coupling with your SO?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have to cook anymore
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous if he's good!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_whats-one-appreciation-you-have-since-coupling-with-your-so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4708ad02-7cdf-4904-a716-f8d32081612bPost:0f6afd23-cc5e-459c-a6ec-96265b31b8fb">Re: What's one appreciation you have since coupling with your SO?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's one appreciation you have since coupling with your SO? : I'm jealous if he's good!
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]

<div>Well I like to think he is a good cook.  He does do it for a living.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I love that he takes the garbage out and deals with all the techy computery stuff. I used to be ok at it, but never really enjoyed it. And now it just always works!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I didn't have to fold laundry or wash dishes. I HATE doing the dishes. Maybe because I come from a family of ten so washing dishes sucked in my house.
  • If I get too hungry I just shut down and can't be bothered to get food because I am just that hungry. He takes one look at me and knows if I am in that state. Then he feeds me!

• I cook, he cleans. He handles the spiders and other creatures that are found in the house. He opens doors for me, including the car door! The first time he did it I said, "What's wrong? Is there a puddle?"
  • I love getting a kiss goodbye every morning and an "I love you.  Have a good day."
  • Being able to stay young and playful. Having settled down in my previous relationships, I either had to give up my playful side to be the responsible adult in the relationship or the stress of it all would just make me into a grumpy geezer. He's made me realize that I can stay young at heart even as we grow old together.
  • He does all the cooking.  I'd starve without him because I can barely make pasta.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He does the launry, grocery shopping, errand running, and follows basic cooking recipes.  He mops and vacuums, and makes coffee for both of us when he's up first. He drops off and picks up my dry cleaning.  He mails packages for me (I havent been to the post office in years).  He researches and books hostels and bed&breakfasts for our OCONUS vacations. 

I'm a lucky girl!  I also work a lot more hours than he does-he could work a lot more too, but it makes more sense for me to work more and him to help out with the above.
  • My Fiance is like Macgyver; he will fix anything and take anything a part and put it back together.  When we first started dating I thought my digital camera was broken--I left for a work weekend and on Saturday I got a text with a picture of my camera in a hundred pieces, no joke.  When I came home sunday it was all put back together and still works to this day.  He also is handyman, so if anything needs to be fixed/repaired he can do it and will make parts to make it work if the actual part is not available.

Anniversary
  • I don't do the laundry or clean the bathroom. And if I look in the fridge there is often food in there he cooked that I can have.

Best of all, he kills the spiders and other bugs for me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_whats-one-appreciation-you-have-since-coupling-with-your-so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4708ad02-7cdf-4904-a716-f8d32081612bPost:b7f2f37a-7eb4-4bde-a4b6-e3f1e377ced8">Re: What's one appreciation you have since coupling with your SO?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fiance is like Macgyver; he will fix anything and take anything a part and put it back together.  When we first started dating I thought my digital camera was broken--I left for a work weekend and on Saturday I got a text with a picture of my camera in a hundred pieces, no joke.  When I came home sunday it was all put back together and still works to this day.  He also is handyman, so if anything needs to be fixed/repaired he can do it and will make parts to make it work if the actual part is not available.
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]

Mine watches youtube to figure something out and THINKS he is Macgyver and a handyman.... alas, his results do not match his ambition
  • I like that he always remembers to take the garbage out, and will get rid of spiders for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My husband is very into gadgets and technology. When we first got together, I had a flip phone cell with pay-per-text and DIALUP Internet and no DVR. He was horrified. I live in the lap of luxury technology-wise since he came along.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We're not living together yet, but I love that he kills cockroaches (he doesn't like to kill spiders because he likes them too much... he'll try and catch them and put them outside), he does the dishes, and he can fix a lot of random stuff around the house.  I can't wait until he moves in and I have permanent roach patrol/handyman services :)

It's also so nice to have someone in the bed when he does stay over.  I hate sleeping alone.

SaveSave
  • He takes out the garbage, cleans the litter boxes most of the time.  I have someone next to me every night when I go to sleep.

Anniversary

• He opens doors for me. He'll get up and get me water if I'm thirsty at night. He figures out how to fix my computer when I think I broke it. When we're out shopping and I find something I realllly like but am too cheap to get, he'll buy it for me. When we were in college after a bad test, he'd hug me and give me chocolate while I broke down sobbing about how I'd fail at life and never get into my career.
  • rachelm13rachelm13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_whats-one-appreciation-you-have-since-coupling-with-your-so?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4708ad02-7cdf-4904-a716-f8d32081612bPost:b7f2f37a-7eb4-4bde-a4b6-e3f1e377ced8">Re: What's one appreciation you have since coupling with your SO?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fiance is like Macgyver; he will fix anything and take anything a part and put it back together.  When we first started dating I thought my digital camera was broken--I left for a work weekend and on Saturday I got a text with a picture of my camera in a hundred pieces, no joke.  When I came home sunday it was all put back together and still works to this day.  He also is handyman, so if anything needs to be fixed/repaired he can do it and will make parts to make it work if the actual part is not available.
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]

<div>LOVE THE MACGYVER REFERENCE!</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: to answer the question.</div><div>
    </div><div>i love having someone to cook for.  when he is here...</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • There are so many posts here I could quote.  Having someone to cook for is so much nicer than cooking for 1, even though neither of us really enjoy it.  He kills all the spiders and is tech genius too.   And he's wiling to let me kick his ass at Jeopardy every night.  :D

• I like that I have someone to cook for nightly. Since I cook, he puts leftovers away. I'm pretty lucky because he will buy me chocolate, frozen custard, soda or whatever my little heart desires if I ask him. During Aunt Flo's visit, he rubs my back and makes sure I have plenty of chocolate around.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • hmm, it really is nice to have someone to cook for when around. FI works at night so it sucks and I miss that. We normally go out on the one day we have off together. I hope his schedule changes soon!

Everyone has lots of nice men! Lots of sweet things they do! I only mentioned the one originally, but I will say that FI is incredibly thoughtful. He will plan things for me to do that are pretty random (like taking me to this awesome restaurant thats 2 hours away so I can get a sandwich that I love), or planning for my parents to meet us some place or bringing me to Disney on Ice.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Am I too late to play? Eh screw it, I'm playing anyway :p I love that he keeps me safe at night. Mostly from myself since I'm a skeepwalker and can get into unconcious mischief. I also love that he'd do anything for me if I'd only ask, and feel like I need to protect him from the world because he is so ready to be generous to a fault.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• He can and does build furniture from scratch, can fix anything and install a new kitchen, bathroom, etc., loves to bake so I get pies, scones, muffins, etc., with the flaky crust made from scratch! He's an automotive design engineer so he's amazing with cars.  He's sensitive and affectionate and family oriented yet strong and truly a man's man complete with a man cave.  He gardens and does all outside housework.   He cleans as well (laundry, dishes, ironing).  He cheers me up when I have a bad day at work and literally sweeps me off my feet.  He's generous with his money and trusts me so we put ours together.  Plus even though he's a nerd he's sexy as all he*& with a lovely British accent that still makes me swoon.

• He kills the spiders. He doesn't even question it when I scream "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD COME KILL IT! IT'S AS BIG AS A BUICK OMG IT'S COMING FOR US!!!"

Also, he walks the dog when it's super cold and/or raining and I don't want to.

Sometimes he gives me foot rubs knowing full well it won't be reciprocated because other people's feet freak me out.
  • FI's an engineer so he's very handy with tools or electronics. He washes all the dishes because I cook. That's about all the responsibility he can handle. :)
  • i wanted to add one from this morning... My FI almost always knows the right things to say to me at any given situation.  For support, to commisserate, humor, whatever.

My job is relentless lately.  A new person started in the department that is the same level as my boss but I don't report to them.  Somehow they think that I report to them.  Dumps work on me left and right and even scheduled 3 days of offsite all day meetings right before i am supposed to be off to prepare for the wedding.  Even asked if i would be available on my blackberry at all during my time off.

I tell FI and his response was:

"Does she want to get stabbed."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • He takes the garbage out and loves to use our Dyson.  I didn't think I could ever be so turned on my the site of a man vaccuming as I am with FI.  It's sooo freaking hot!

photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards