Registry and Gift Forum

need help

my question for anyone...
     My name is heather im getting married for the second time and my groom has never been married should we register for gifts?

Re: need help

• I personally think so. In my opinion you are as much of a bride as anyone else, even if its for the second time. The two of you are starting a life together, I definitely think you should register.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If there are things that you could use that would go on a registry, go ahead and register.  

Personally, I would decline showers and such as a second time bride.  Some people will want to get gifts regardless, but I wouldn't want to put anyone in a position where they felt they were supposed to.  
  • Go for it, since this is his first wedding his family & friends want to do something. This way if people do want to get you gifts, at least you'll get things you like & can use & not random stuff that you'll have to return. If you don't get anything, no harm done.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:56234863-65a3-4d25-83c0-3f245714d427Post:6b43d127-f3b6-4223-a4dd-d3cb6813dcb3">Re: need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]If there are things that you could use that would go on a registry, go ahead and register.   Personally, I would decline showers and such as a second time bride.  Some people will want to get gifts regardless, but I wouldn't want to put anyone in a position where they felt they were supposed to.  
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If someone offers to host a shower for you, you most certainly can accept the offer!  You probably have a slightly different set of friends and work colleagues now than you did when you were first married, and certainly your fiance's family might want to attend a shower for you.  You can request that the host invite your family members as well -- an invitation is not a summons -- if they don't want to attend because they did once already, they can always decline.

</div>
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:56234863-65a3-4d25-83c0-3f245714d427Post:52be5a92-b15c-43ad-b181-a606d64df9e8">Re: need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Register your wedding in some more venues get more information in the wedding website or wedding planners. I have shared my wedding experience here.
    Posted by waderr[/QUOTE]

What does this even mean?
  • I think you should go for it! :)

• Thank you everyone, you all were a big help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards