Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Any Sea Spa Edgartown Hair and Makeup Reviews / Photos?

Hi - I'm looking for any reviews on Sea Spa in Edgartown-- particularly if you did any of the full wedding packages for hair, makeup, nails, etc?
Any info would be great as I'm narrowing down my choices for my wedding. 

Thanks!

Re: Any Sea Spa Edgartown Hair and Makeup Reviews / Photos?

• Options
    Sea spa!!! I'm an islander and just had my wedding on MV only a week ago.... I discovered sea spa salon .... 6 months ago... My husband and I both now see Salissa for our hair .... The new salon is gorgeous .... I was so super nervous about my hair and make up being done for my wedding . I was nervous I wouldn't look like me... EVERYTHING was perfect !!!! I'm now about to cry ... Salissa did a low bun updo and added a filler to make my thin hair look thicker and my makeup was exactly how I wanted it ... Natural shades of champagne ... I went spray tanning here for 2 weeks before. I have never spray tanned before but now I know it's the healthiest glow . Really on your wedding day you are most concerned with how you look and I got so so so many compliments and felt so great. I wish I could upload photos of my hair but my wedding was a week ago and I don't have the professional photos back yet ... I can load one of makeup ... Jennifer did my make up. I will go back to the salon this week probably for nails and a spray tan again .... This is definitely the best place to go on island .. And off island : ... Trust me I've been everywhere ... Hands down go to sea spa ....
  • Options
    Thank you SO MUCH!  Just so nice to hear from someone who has done the full service there.  I really appreciate your feedback and I would LOVE to see your makeup photos!

thanks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_any-sea-spa-edgartown-hair-and-makeup-reviews-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:77aab671-a037-44a4-a70b-39bdc4824be9Post:89fc186a-fa48-4999-afb4-f13e0f756496">Any Sea Spa Edgartown Hair and Makeup Reviews / Photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi - I'm looking for any reviews on Sea Spa in Edgartown-- particularly if you did any of the full wedding packages for hair, makeup, nails, etc? Any info would be great as I'm narrowing down my choices for my wedding.  Thanks!
    Posted by lgough76[/QUOTE]

<div>Salissa and her team at Sea Spa Salon are the BEST! They are talented, caring and fun to work with. I have <em>very</em> curly and difficult hair to work with and Salissa did a beautiful job. Plus it was a pleasure to have her with me on my wedding day. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Sea Spa Salon.</div>
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_any-sea-spa-edgartown-hair-and-makeup-reviews-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:77aab671-a037-44a4-a70b-39bdc4824be9Post:89fc186a-fa48-4999-afb4-f13e0f756496">Any Sea Spa Edgartown Hair and Makeup Reviews / Photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi - I'm looking for any reviews on Sea Spa in Edgartown-- particularly if you did any of the full wedding packages for hair, makeup, nails, etc? Any info would be great as I'm narrowing down my choices for my wedding.  Thanks!
    Posted by lgough76[/QUOTE]

I had my wedding last month and used Sea Spa. I had my hair, make up, and nails done there. I had my nails done the day before the wedding by a young girl (don't recall her name), but she was great. I also had my haircut the day before as well. Hair and make up came to my hotel room for a very reasonable fee ($50 per service provider, so $100 total). They did a nice job. The only thing I wished is that the make up artist had had lipstick to give or sell, as mine wore off pretty quickly (I had very dry lips). And I felt they were done a little too early. I ended up using my own hairpsray as my hair was starting to fall flat and it was a windy day. I have pretty short hair and it doesn't keep style very easily. I also ended up putting my veil on myself, as the hair person didn't put it where I requested. She put it under my headband, and I wanted it on the back of my head. And as the MUA was doing my make up, her hand was on my forhead and pushed the headband back and the veil fell out. It wasn't a big deal, so I just put it back on where I wanted it after I put my dress on. Just make sure you tell them exactly what you want. But they were easy to work with and my mom and MIL looked great.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I booked Sea Spa and Erica (message above) - your makeup is just what I'm looking for.  Thanks for posting the pic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards