New Hampshire

Cake/Bakery

We are getting married in windham NH, can anyone recommend a bakery in the area(windham, salem, derry etc...) for cake and other goodies.  we are looking for a basic round cake and maybe cupcakes, not the big white wedding cake type.

thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake/Bakery

• edited December 2011
    Chickadee Hill Cakes, Fredricks, Blackberry Bakery.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jacques which is in Suncook, but they are delivering our cake to our venue in Hampstead. Their cake is so yummy! :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had my reception in Windham at Castleton and used Jacques.  There is a gourmet cupcake shop in Salem I believe.... Who You Calling Cupcake?  141 Main Street 603-890-4030  if you are looking for cupcakes anyway..I heard they were really yummy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • redsoxfan619redsoxfan619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sugar and Spice in Salem NH. They have great cake and good prices! Also, Chickadee Hills in Sandown!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also using Jacques, I have never tasted a better cake!
  • edited December 2011
    Another for Jacques or Chickadee Hill!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another for Jacques; I haven't booked yet, but we're pretty sure we're going with them.  They made my grandparents' anniversary cake, which was so absolutely flawless that everyone thought it was fondant, when it was actually buttercream.  We had guests asking my mother where it was from, because they wanted to go there themselves, it was SO good!

My parents have also gotten birthday cakes there, both were absolutely delicious.  There was a small problem with my mother's cake, but they were incredibly responsive and cared about the issue when she called them.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    I couldn't recommend Jacques highly enough,  they're amazing! We have always gotten special occasion cakes there, and have never been disappointed.  They absolutely do deliver, so location is just a factor for going to taste and book.  It's worth it, though! :) Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Maine PlannerMaine Planner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ...a little further but would be well worth the drive: in Dover, NH Harvey's Bakery!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards