Rhode Island

Colt State Park

Hi..... We are thinking of having our wedding at the "chapel" at colt state park..... Has anyone been married here or thinking about it? Does anyone have any info about this venue?? Anything you have would be greatly appreciated. . . . . Thanks!!!!

Re: Colt State Park

• I saw a blog post about a wedding shot by Lisa Rigby at Colt State Park that was absolutely gorgeous. The site fee is really inexpensive too! Also it is worth renting the covered pavillion for an extra $35 fee in case of rain. 

• It's a very nice, reasonably priced location. Great for photos afterwards too!
  • Has anyone had a wedding here that can offer specific advice?????
  • People MUST be having weddings here because the sheltered area is booked every weekend this summer.... Is there anyone familiar with the Bristol, RI area and what do you think about a late September outdoor wedding??? I'm worried it might be too cold.......
  • I am having a June 2, 2012 wedding at the Chapel by the Sea.  We rented both the Chapel as well as the big shelter next to it for $115 ($15 for Chapel for 3 hours and $100 for shelter all day).  Renting both allows for 2 things...back up cover for rain and two no loud groups using it that day.  We were able to call and book it on July 1st of last year.  So for dates next year call on July 1st to book.  My FBIL and FSIL had their wedding by the peach grove area on September 16th. 

I live in the Bristol area...so PM if you want more information. 
  • I am getting married at Colt State Park's Chapel-by-the-Sea in August, and am wondering if anyone might have advice regarding liability insurance?  Is the state park already covered for this, as the chapel is an event space?  Or is it required/recommended that one purchase separate liability insurance?  Thanks!
  • I am getting married at Colt Stae Park June 2014 and never thought about the need for that. Why would you need it?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards