Georgia-Atlanta

Wedding venues for ceremony and reception

Hey. I've just recently got engaged, and I have tons of time before my actual wedding date. I'm going ahead and getting a head start on my wedding planning. My fiance's mom does will not go into a church, and it's very important for me and him to have her at our wedding. I am willing to go anywhere in Georgia and maybe even some of the bordering states. I need a place where I can do the ceremony and reception. We just did a rough guest list and it has about a 100 people on it. The cheaper the location, the better.

Re: Wedding venues for ceremony and reception

• Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on being engaged!  The first places that came to mind may be a park..maybe Kennesaw Mtn State Park? I do not know their capacity though and I couldn't find it online.  Keep in mind, 75% is rule of thumb for guests attending vs. invited. Have you guys gone thru the initial list and you've cut it down to 300-400? I am asking b/c the higher the # you have, I think the less # of options you may have. I'd recommend a hotel ballroom, but they are not generally budget friendly. 

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what your budget will end up being but you can be creative and save money a lot of places. With that said, try Greystone at Piedmont Park. The facility itself is beautiful, has great history, and allows you to pick and choose your vendors from their extensive list. That should give you some flexibility with your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Peach Brandy Cottage in Dawsonville. They have a huge outdoor amphitheater as well as a big banquet hall and they are VERY buidget friendly. They have a website PeachBrandyCottage.com and are on FB too.
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at a number of places before settling on the Atrium, which is an all-inclusive place in Norcross (they have like 4 locations, so check out their website - they're all garden locations).

We looked at Canoe, in Atlanta - a restaurant that's right on the Chatahoochie River, nice food and a great outdoor area - perfect for like an April/May outdoors wedding.

We also looked at The Founders Garden at UGA in Athens.  GORGEOUS garden, historic, right by the Arch, and you can relocate to a restaurant for the reception.

We also considered Terrapin Brewery (that's where we met) and they would have been perfect if only they had a license for spirits other than beer.

There's a number of great places up near Clayton, which I can't remember the name, but are beautiful.

A cheap budget would not allow for Chateau Elan, but there might be a number of other vineyards in GA or NC who would allow for weddings to take place on site.  Savannah also has a number of very nice outdoors locations.
  • edited December 2011
    I've looked at Big Canoe in Jasper :http://www.bigcanoe.com/
     It looks gorgeous & I came across one of the real weddings that was there & it really won me over. Plus they are really quick to respond if you email.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GiddyBride23GiddyBride23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Canoe .... in teh event that you didn't see my other post, I'd recommend checking out Anthony's in Buckhead (hidden treasure).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jess0906jess0906 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Fernbank can hold as many as 500 people.  Also try The Fox Theater.  Both places can host a huge amount of people but are also kind of expensive.  Could you do something like a public park for the ceremony and have guests stand during the ceremony and then do a reception?  That might be one way to save a little $.  Good Luck and Congrats!
  • FutureMrsDubeFutureMrsDube member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The second I saw Flint Hill in Norcross, all other venues were thrown out the window.  They own a few other venues that you may want to check out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards