40-Plus Brides

Saying hello, can I join you here?

Stopping in to say hello. I'm not technically over 40, I'll be 38 in a little less than 2 months, but i have to admit, I feel I will probably fit in better here than with the younger set. My FI is 42. Between us, we have 5 children, ranging in ages from 12-18. 50 days til wedding day and I'm getting nervous!! He was married before, for 9 years. I was briefly married too for 2 short years when I was 18-20, it was a quick JOP marriage, in jeans, so although I was married and had a 'wedding' of sorts, we are doing the full she-bang because he wants me to have the full on princess treatment :)

Re: Saying hello, can I join you here?

• There's also a second weddings board, and most of the ladies there are your age or older, please feel free to join us there, too!
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Welcome. I was married at 18, in Vegas. No family, no event, etc. So now being married at 51, will do full wedding, but small guest list. "They" say you can have whatever you want when you get married. Good luck!
  • Hi there,

I'm getting married on Sunday. Second wedding for both of us. I'm 47, he's 54. We are having about 100 people.  Getting really excited.  Welcome aboard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • Welcome!  I got married for the second time at the age of 56.  My wife was a first-time bride of "only" 41.  :-)  This board sometimes gets a bit quiet, but it never seems to attract the drama of some of the other boards.
  • I'm a newbie here.  Just got engaged this week.  I'm 38 and from Ohio.  I'm looking forward to planning and meeting some lovely brides here.  ((hugs))
  • Welcome to the almost 40s.  I love the 40+ group.  Have not found any bridezillas here.  Some of the other groups are down right mean. 
  • Yes, welcome! I'll be 47-48 by the time I get married (first time) :)
  • So glad to have found this board.  I too am 38 although I'll be 39 by our wedding date in June.  I've been reading some of the other boards and haven't really felt like they fit with my FI and I's wedding plans - his second my first.  Not to mention there are some very mean spirited comments on a few of the other boards. 
    Anniversary
  • We are in out 60s, having both lost our spouses, I'd feel silly in a white gown, but he bought me a lovely teal blue that will fill the bill. No date yet, but it will happen!
  • Hey welcome, as said that age is just a number so feel free here.

• mimivacmimivac member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary

Hi, nice to meet you all. I'm 39 and not quite engaged yet, but that's where my relationship is hopefully headed. I just re-activated my membership here. The first time was when I was planning my first wedding 12 years ago. LOL. That marriage lasted 10 years. Met my boyfriend about a year and a half ago online. He's 41 and never been married.

I went on the "not engaged yet" board and found it somewhat puzzling. There's a pinned post with rules regarding what one should and shouldn't do as a non-engaged person. Wedding planning is verboten without an official engagement. OK. I'm not seriously planning anything, just looking around, but I found it bizarre to tell grown women how to live their lives. Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone.

• Hello! I will be 38 next week and was married once before. I too feel like most of the boards cater to younger brides. We want an intimate wedding without a lot of bells and whistles. I was happy to find this board.
  • Definitely a more mature group here!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards