Flowers
Options

Red Bridal Bouquet?

I have always absolutely loved red roses, and as soon as I began wedding planning, I decided that I would want my bouquet to consist primarily of red roses. My wedding colors are red, black, and white, and I think that red roses look stunning against a white bridal gown. I had also considered supplying the bridesmaids with all-white bouquets for interesting contrast, as they will be wearing red dresses. I recently started my florist search, however, and one said that she always recommends against opting for brightly colored bridal bouquets because they tend to detract attention from the bride herself.

Any thoughts on this?

Re: Red Bridal Bouquet?

• Options
    I don't think things like this will distract from the bride.  If you like red roses then go for it.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I've seen pictures of brides with brightly colored bouquets and think it looks just fine.
    Check out these pictures, all of these brides have bright bouquets and they definately don't distract.

ETA- my florist actually really recommended more color for my bouquet than I had planned because she thought it would make it tie nicely with the bridesmaids dresses and flowers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

At first I wanted black magic roses but they probably are kinda spendy. But go for it that is what I was gonna do.

• Options
    That's exactly what I'm doing at my wedding!
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was wondering if my colors are red, black, white, with little silver could I do pink with peach flowers for my bridesmaids and me? Dress are black.

• Options
    swanratswanrat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have the same colors as you and am planning doing the same thing! I think it will look great! I don't see how it would detract attention.
  • Options
    agardenagarden member
    First Comment
    In Response to Red Bridal Bouquet?:

I don't think that a beautiful bouquet will detract from the bride. It can only enhance. Think how beautifully photos will turn out with all that contrast. 
  • Options
    Those are great points. I think I'll stick with the red rose bouquet, as I have wanted, and find a florist who understands my vision. Thanks for all of the feedback!
  • Options

Truthfully, it might be a difference in taste.  Some florists will not do certain bouquets, becuase it is not a good reflection of their style (maybe she does a more muted palette).  However, it is your decision and I think it sounds beautiful.  I love red roses ;)

• Options
    That's what I am doing too.  Bridesmaids are in eggplant dresses, so I will carry eggplant calla lillies while they will carry white. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards