New York-New York City

Yale Club Brides- Who's your florist?

Hi fellow Yale Club Brides!

My wedding is in the fall and I am trying to decide which florist of the 8 preferred florists to choose from. Any recommendations? Any horror stories I should be aware of?

On another note, I know I want a lot of candles. Are we allowed to provide our own candles or must we buy them from the florist?

Thanks, ladies!

Re: Yale Club Brides- Who's your florist?

• You may not find other YC brides on here, so best bet would be to check wedding wire, yelp etc. and so forth for reviews of the florists you are considering.
  • planpartyplanparty member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_yale-club-brides-whos-your-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:d5e0e832-a0dd-47b4-ae6c-bd87c75fdbe3Post:c37b222e-d13f-4566-a472-6a2b9dad604a">Yale Club Brides- Who's your florist?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi fellow Yale Club Brides! My wedding is in the fall and I am trying to decide which florist of the 8 preferred florists to choose from. Any recommendations? Any horror stories I should be aware of? On another note, I know I want a lot of candles. Are we allowed to provide our own candles or must we buy them from the florist? Thanks, ladies!
    Posted by msusparty07[/QUOTE]
    After checking out Jonathan, Elegant Affairs, Stefan, and the place on East 72nd Street. (forget the name) We are going with Stefan's. Jonathan was an opinionated snob, who dropped me as a client without telling me when someone else booked him for the same day.<div>Not a nice way to do business. Elegant Affair's Christine was a nice person and had good ideas, but was very expenisive. The place on 72nd street has a lovely lady with modest ideas,but her labor surcharges were high. Stefan was flexible and pleasant. They have no problem with you providing your own candles. Go to Quick Candles and save. Jonathan wanted to charge over $325 for candles, please....Stefan has no problem with you providing your own candles and candle holders. Yale does require an okay in your florist contract to use your own candles, which Stefan happily provided. I diid notice that different</div><div>Yale wedding coordinators have different favorite florists..</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_yale-club-brides-whos-your-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:d5e0e832-a0dd-47b4-ae6c-bd87c75fdbe3Post:c37b222e-d13f-4566-a472-6a2b9dad604a">Yale Club Brides- Who's your florist?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi fellow Yale Club Brides! My wedding is in the fall and I am trying to decide which florist of the 8 preferred florists to choose from. Any recommendations? Any horror stories I should be aware of? On another note, I know I want a lot of candles. Are we allowed to provide our own candles or must we buy them from the florist? Thanks, ladies!
    Posted by msusparty07[/QUOTE]
    Replied to your post. How much do you think we should tip your wedding day coordinator, ie<div>the woman who you signed the contract with? She will be there all day of the wedding. Ours told how much to tip the captains, but Iam pretty sure she get a tip.</div>
  • Thank you so much for your replies!   I havent spoken to Stefan but I will definitely look into him.  I am so glad to hear he will let us bring in our own candles. 

@planparty I sent you a private message about the tip for the wedding coordinator. 
  • I'm getting married at the Yale Club in 3 weeks. Yale Club provides their own candles and votives for the tables (during reception), they have tons and you dont need to worry about that expense. Im not sure what room you booked, we are using the Grand Ballroom for our reception.

Florist:

Elegant Affair's Christine was a nice person and had good ideas, but was very expenisive. I agree, she was veryyy expensive. We went with Spitz and Peck, we looked at some of the reviews, some are negative, which is a worry for me but he gave us the best for our buck. We are getting all high flowers, flowers for cocktail, flowers for passed hordorves, and etc. However, we know the guy through a contact in the business so that could be why we are getting better treatment. Good luck!

• Kelly's fine flowers!!! I love Marion- I actually used her myself. If you use her tell her that Lauren says hello!! She did exactly what I wanted and was such a pleasure to work with! She also worked on the $$ with me- which was sooo helpful bc I didn't want to spend a lot on flowers.
  • @msusparty07 I'm having the same question! Did you end up choose Stefan? Would you mind to forward me the message about the wedding coordinator too? I'm having my wedding at the Yale club next May. Thanks!!!!
  • msusparty07sissixinplanparty: looking for help on tipping. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards