January 2012 Weddings

Wedding Progress

Howdy Ladies!

I just thought I'd check in and see what kind of progress ya'll have made with your wedding plans.  Sometimes, I feel as if I am behind yet I still have so much time!  I have to admit, I love the extra time I have to plan for things but I kind of want the time to pass by quickly...  I'm want to wear my dress!!  lol!

Good luck and I can't wait to see what's going on with everyone!

Amanda

Re: Wedding Progress

• I have my dress and we have our photographer & reception hall. 
    The time will go so much faster than we all think...
    -Britty
  • I really haven't done much...

-we've decided on colors
    -I'm going to look at dresses in 2 days to get ideas on styles I like and don't like for sure
    -we are going to decide and ask our bridal party before the holidays
    -we've set the date with the church, but have no yet interviewed any reception venues. 

-we are getting ready to do some pre-engagement pictures also, the leaves are beginning to change and it's gorgeous so we thought this would be a good opportunity to get some pics done. We might use them for an engagement announcement/christmas card. 

It's hard because there's so much I want to do, but feel like it's probably best to wait a little bit. 
    TTC since January 2012. Me: 24 & DH: 30

DH SA (1/21/13) is perfect! 1st RE appt set for 1/30/13

BFP on 1/26/13! EDD is 10/5/13! 1st appt at 5w6d and diagnosed high risk due to high BP. Put on meds. 1st Ultrasound scheduled for 2/22/13. Blighted ovum At 7w6d D&C 2/26/13 Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We finally decided on our bridal party and asked most of them this past weekend! It feels more official, now that we have more people involved.

We booked our venue and have picked our colors. We are meeting with photographers this week and hope to pick one soon. We also have been in contact with a DJ we fell in love with at a past wedding and plan on booking him soon. Our next step will be looking for a JP and finding a dress!!

We plan to go with the rustic winter (non-holiday) theme with birch trees, lanterns and candles. Our colors are pewter and white with a splash of fuschia to make it fun.

I feel like even with all of the big stuff out of the way, we still have so many little things to do over the next year!

What is everyone's opinions on bridal expos? I have never been and always thought you would go to them to meet DJs and florists and photographers. Whereas I am doing my own flowers and already have my big vendors booked, do you still think it would be useful to attend some of these shows?

• I can relate with the time statement it seems so close yet so far.

I think I am well ahead, Wedding gown, BM Dresses and accessories but shoes bought.
    Venue, Officiant, Dj, Cakes contracted.  Everything bought for centre pieces and bonbonnieres, stationary and wedding party gifts bought.  Just need the gown fitting, shoes, putting it all together and telling everyone we are engaged.

Waiting for the official documents from divorce to come in before we let the kids know and than look out world everyone will know.

Wishing all you brides to be an exciting and peace filled planning.
  • We have booked the church, reception venue, DJ, videographer, photobooth and all the mom have gotten their dresses... It seems more real as I write out more deposit checks :) 447 more days for us!
  • --Date (Jan. 14, 2012)
    --Penciled in at the church and reception venue (awaiting approval from my parents, who need to come look at it from 6 hrs away)
    --Colors (Dark purple and silver)
    --Invitation style decided...still need to design them

That's about it. We're both in school (he's in his sr year and i'm in grad school), and I work full time too....so I haven't had time to do a lot. I plan to do a lot over christmas break, and once we're within a year and people will actually book us...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards